Thread: Czech to Suspend PRG-JFK in October

Czech to Suspend PRG-JFK in October

In a recent decision, which appears to have been in the making for some time, CSA Czech Airlines has announced that they will be suspending all intercontinental flights at the start of the 2009/2010 winter schedule. PRG-JFK will be suspended as of October 25, 2009 and CSA will code-share with Sky Team partner Delta who recently inaugurated JFK-PRG flights.

The two remaining A310 aircraft in the fleet will be utilized on charter flights and some denser European flights.

Re: Czech to Suspend PRG-JFK in October

They were supposed to stop last year but that never happened. If they pull out this time it will be the end of scheduled PAX A310s at JFK :(

Senga

Thanks for posting, here's the NYCA article...

:arrow: Analysis: CSA Czech Airlines to Suspend JFK-Prague Service October 25th
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

This is a real shame...another Intl carrier leaves JFK...blah...

Hopefully this is a seasonal decision and they consider bringing it back in the Spring. Wishful thinking perhaps.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I remember when TAROM left second to the last A310. They said they would come back but they never did.
    Since I have been in NY its been.
    AJM
    AFL
    ROM
    TAP (EWR)
    and now CSA

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Hopefully this is a seasonal decision and they consider bringing it back in the Spring. Wishful thinking perhaps.
    The Czech government is attempting to privatize CSA...maybe the new owners will bring these routes back. Unfortunately, with their ancient planes it's possible they make more money from the Delta codeshare than by flying their own.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9