Thread: Gov. Palin to Resign

Gov. Palin to Resign

Breaking news. No details yet.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Gov. Palin to Resign

I caught the last part of her announcement on CNN (just ended), and I couldn't understand half of what she was taking about, just a rambling speech. Kept talking about "wasting millions of dollars" of government money, and would be able to "change things from outside government", and went into some story comparing what she was doing to a basketball point guard. I guess I'll have to try to find the whole thing on line and see if it makes any more sense.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Sarah Palin says to continuing as governor of Alaska. Palin said she wants to take a "new direction" for Alaska.
    Maybe she's rejoining the secession movement. Or trying to sell Alaska back to the Russians.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Well, I heard the first half of her announcement, before CNN lost the feed, and it doesn't make any more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    "Thanks, but no thanks," Sarah Palin says to continuing as governor of Alaska. Palin said she wants to take a "new direction" for Alaska.
    Maybe she's rejoining the secession movement. Or trying to sell Alaska back to the Russians.

God knows what she's up to...but I won't miss her, hopefully she'll fade from the stage.

I knew it was something dirty: Possible federal indictment coming related to Palin's use of building materials meant for the publicly-owned Wasilla Sports Complex on her own home.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7280

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Thank goodness. She was such a trainwreck from the start.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

At first I thought she was smart choice for a VP running mate. But then all this weird stuff started happening so fast. I then became so shocked how how extreme right her views were, and I'm surprised that someone so high in the national spotlight would honestly feel that her hardcore religious views represent the desires of the nation. With that, I'm glad she lost, and the instability and incredible additional weirdness of her resignation enforces my relief.

Her resignation is so weird, that I can't help but think that there is something juicy going on behind the scenes. Not that I'm thirsty for that, but it's so out of the blue with no other prospective duties for her at this time that there's got to be some kind of blackmail or backhand deal to keep her out of jail for corruption or something.

Most importantly, is Bristol going to take back Levi now that they don't have to be as politically correct and lost their political clout? 0mG!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The way she is talking it almost sounds like she is getting a big money job some where. If there was real substance to the embezzlement charges they would have been heavily covered during the VP campaign. This is very weird indeed.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    The way she is talking it almost sounds like she is getting a big money job some where. If there was real substance to the embezzlement charges they would have been heavily covered during the VP campaign. This is very weird indeed.
    There is only one possibility that I can think of, and that involves oil and lobbying, but even that is a stretch. Other than that, there are approximately zero jobs outside of politics that would pay Sarah Palin more than what she makes as governor.