Thread: Awesome Kai Tak Airport Videos!!

Awesome Kai Tak Airport Videos!!

Dont anyone wish that Kai Tak Airport was still around. I do, the action there was outstanding back in the days Enjoy these videos!!

UyU9OLqQ ... annel_page

OtnL4KYV ... annel_page

HkyuRmGz ... annel_page

HkyuRmGz ... annel_page
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Re: Awesome Kai Tak Airport Videos!!

Awesome find, Serg! I think Kai Tak was probably the only better spotting place on earth than SXM.
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Thanks for posting Sergio, I actually have about 12 hours of Hi 8 video I shot their in spotting trips I took in 1995 and 1998. I was also fortunate enough to get my first look at both Kai Tak and the city of Hong Kong from the jumpseat of a Cathay Pacific 747-400 inbound to Runway 31 on a perfect sunny morning. With the FO flying the aircraft that wonderful British Captain was pointing out points of interest to my buddy and I. On the same trip we got to the experiance the IGS approach to 13 at night in a thunderstorm on a Cathay A-330 jumpseat with another great crew. Prior to 9-11 Cathay was very jumpseat friendly to airline employees and occasionally others, though they stopped allowing photos and videos several years earlier due to the result of a landing incident filmed by the Japanesse tourist on the js. Those two landings where two of the highlights of my lifelong love of aviation. Sorry for the rant.

LGA777

Sounds like a great experience Ron. Thanks for sharing these amazing videos Serg! I defiantly wish Kai Tak was still around today. I love flying the 13 approach in flight sim with great "Fly Tampa" add-on scenery.