Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Hockey Signings and Trades

Some Hockey Signings and Trades

So since the Rangers lost Orr to Toronto, we picked up Brashear, which is pretty wild. I'm not as enthusiastic about trading Gomez for Higgins.

Also surprising is that Chicago signed Hosa for 12 years for $62 million.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Some Hockey Signings and Trades

Didn't Brashear break Blair Betts' eye socket last year? That should make for some fun times in the locker room.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

You are correct. I wonder how they will itneract.

[quote="Phil D."]So since the Rangers lost Orr to Toronto, we picked up Brashear, which is pretty wild.

Yeah I'm not happy with this one. I liked Orr and his game was improving but good for him and his contract.

> I'm not as enthusiastic about trading Gomez for Higgins.<

Could be good, LI kid comes home to play with the Rangers. Things like that sometimes lights a fire in an athlete. LOL speaking
    of fire his father is a captain in the FDNY.
    I like Gomez but he really didnt do anything that I expected. For that matter neither did Drury and he might be next to go. I
    heard a rumor of Drury for Heatley.

And for us Vancouver fans and West Coast hockey nuts, yes there are a few, the Canucks resigned the Sedin twins to 5-year deals.

-Tad

So we lost our enforcer and picked up Brashear? Him and Avery, really? Not too excited about that.

Usually when you get some good fighters, you're doing it to protect your high-profile goal scorers....and I don't know who Brashear or Avery are supposed to protect.

the isles signed roloson today to a 2 year $5mil deal!.. Hopefully he becomes our #1 goaltender

Rangers just signed Marion Gaborik from Minnesota, 5 years, $7.5 million a year. Injuries shortened his season last year, but the year before he set career highs in goals (42), assists (41) and points (83) in 77 games.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    So we lost our enforcer and picked up Brashear? Him and Avery, really? Not too excited about that.
    Yeah two a**holes!!! LOL and I'm a Ranger fan but I DONT like Brashear!! Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Rangers just signed Marion Gaborik from Minnesota, 5 years, $7.5 million a year. Injuries shortened his season last year, but the year before he set career highs in goals (42), assists (41) and points (83) in 77 games.
    Cool thanks I just got home!! Good player but have to keep him healthy!!! Has had injury problems.

ill be honest.. i was kinda hoping that we would of picked him up.. but with him so prone to injuries im kinda happy we passed him up.. cant really afford another injury prone player..

and as for the rangers getting brashear... dumbest thing, hes good, but really.... brashear couldnt of gotten somebody better??

I'm surprised that the Rangers let Antropov go...4 yrs/16mil with Atlanta? WTF? By trading Gomez they had plenty of cash to match that.

Drury has a strong no-trade clause so I doubt he will be moved. Most of the high profile UFA's are gone, so I certainly hope the Rangers have some major trade coming, otherwise they did absolutly nothing to help the anemic offense.

Quote Originally Posted by h2opunk1822
    the isles signed roloson today to a 2 year $5mil deal!.. Hopefully he becomes our #1 goaltender
    Might as well. They have a goalie with a 15-year contract who is injury prone, and they wasted their second AND third round picks on goalies. So I guess even the Isles have lost faith in Ricky.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

So since the Rangers lost Orr to Toronto, we picked up Brashear, which is pretty wild. I'm not as enthusiastic about trading Gomez for Higgins.
    I think Brashear is overrated and losing Gomez was stupid. Wish the Rangers would trade their coach.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol