Thread: One World Trade Center - Reconstruction thread

One World Trade Center - Reconstruction thread

I figured I would start, Here are my first shots of the new One World Trade Center, formerly known as the Freedom Tower. I went in with Tom a few weeks ago to take my first pictures of the building we will all watch being built. I can not wait to see all the pictures that I hope will show up here.

Center section of the building taking shape

Shot showing the footprint

one more shot

Here is an older shot from Brooklyn that will soon be dated

Shot of a famous landmark that was usually in the shadows

And last but not least, a small piece that is next to the new building site. (it is not really small)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Re: One World Trade Center - Reconstruction thread

great shots Fred, and great thread motive. I hope (and I'm sure it will) that the thread will be continuously updated in the coming months and years. Is that the same iron cross that was originally in ground zero? I had always wanted to get a good shot of it but I rarely get into the city and the last time I went it was moved. If that's the same one, whereabouts is it these days?
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Good stuff, Fred. I saw that structure going up the last time I was down there...didn't realize it was part of 1 WTC. That's encouraging, I thought they were still wrangling over where to put it and how to pay for it.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

It's nice to see iron above ground level in the pit. I hope the politicians get their act together and we can continue to move as fast as possible on this.

As for the cross, there were several crosses that popped up at Ground Zero.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory
    ...........Is that the same iron cross that was originally in ground zero? I had always wanted to get a good shot of it but I rarely get into the city and the last time I went it was moved. If that's the same one, whereabouts is it these days?
    Yes, it is the same cross and is now located on the side of St Peter's Catholic Church on Barclay St.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Good stuff, Fred. I saw that structure going up the last time I was down there...didn't realize it was part of 1 WTC. That's encouraging, I thought they were still wrangling over where to put it and how
    to pay for it.
    I believe they are still fighting. I did see lots of NEW Cement trucks still working on the foundation.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    It's nice to see iron above ground level in the pit. I hope the politicians get their act together and we can continue to move as fast as possible on this.

As for the cross, there were several crosses that popped up at Ground Zero.
    Yes but this is the one that most people will remember.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_cross
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cross.asp

Nice shots, Fred. I should really bring my camera to work one of these days; I'm on the 18th floor of one of the buildings right across the street from the WTC site.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Quote Originally Posted by pgengler
    Nice shots, Fred. I should really bring my camera to work one of these days; I'm on the 18th floor of one of the buildings right across the street from the WTC site.
    ohh, I had some shots from the 18th floor about 6 months after the incident...Can you let me know when it is bring your geeky buddy to work day? OH how I would love to tag along with my cam!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Damn Fred, that's a powerful shot.

Thanks John, that was taken with my really old Oly point and shoot 2.1mp D-510

I had a wide angle lens adapater that I would hold infront of the camera for really crappy wide angle shots like this

but if I flipped it an put it backwards up against my lens, it would turn it into a super zoom but the edges would be HORRIBLY
    blurred. But like everything crappy, you need to make do and find new uses. As for the rest, desaturation and selective erase
    with 2 layers with the color layer behind.

Here's the view from above on Thursday

Bill