Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continental Retro Livery 737-900ER: First Look

Re: Continental Retro Livery 737-900ER: First Look

First a big thank you to Jeremy for snagging the first shot and for the success it's having, now for my mini editiorial:

I think it's great CO did this scheme and I applaud them for letting the employees vote. Personally I would much rather have seen the more recent meatball scheme (or better yet both). I would think employees would enjoy seeing a scheme that many of them actually worked, and customers remember flying on.

Even after seeing it hundreds of times (I last saw it Friday) I always pause and reflect very fondly when N744P, the Piedmont Pacemaker visits LGA. It's scheme is the same as the 733's and 734's I worked and flew on dozens of times in the mid to late 80's. The older Piedmont scheme from a similar era as this CO scheme would have been better than nothing, in fact cool in it's own way, but I am glad US chose the newer scheme.

Also by painting a new aircraft, the great SEA area photags like Jeremy will likely get all the early shots. Personally, I like seeing an exisiting aircraft repainted in secret, then unveiled for staff and the media and those become the first shots.

I know some will disagree, and that's fine, just sharing my two cents!

Thanks again CO and Jeremy

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

since COA was dragging out all the old schemes i don't think that one airplane painted is enough. with the amount of schemes they had to choose from, i think they should have just painted one airplane in each scheme. i really like the idea of our "Heritage Schemes", of the four airlines that joined together to form the US Airways that exists today. one airplane just isn't enough for a fleet thier size IMO.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Program Coordinator

Awesome.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quick Question:
    What Routes will the 739 ER cover?

I agree with LGA777 and others on the basis of which scheme to use. The flaming meatball was a particularly special paint scheme that I remember...mostly on the classic three holers. I've always been a proponent of bringing back the retro schemes (bring back the Widgets!!!) because they remind me of a time when commercial air travel was far less tainted by negative media and fear from the general public. Though I can only base these statements on my own feelings (I haven't been around long enough to fully appreciate that era), I think that it would remind more consumers and travelers of a time when it was considered a privilege to fly, and not just as a means to get from point A to point B without getting raped by pesky TSA agents and unfriendly ticket counter personnel. Just myyyy two cents! OH yeah and uh, great shots Jeremy and congrats to both you and CO!

THG
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Yes the other schemes would've been quite nice to see as well.. particularly the golden one with the mask.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

In the realm of retro schemes, this one does fall a little short to other, more popular ones. But if this is what the people of CO want and what gives them pride, then by all means...
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Just landed at EWR

Very nice, Bill!

Fantastic shot Bill - I have her tagged on my ACARS alerts - hopefully FLL or PBI will be getting her soon......
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Thanks guys, here's a few more shots from this morning departing to CLE

Bill