Thread: 767 "Bandit" Owner Builds World's Largest Yacht

767 "Bandit" Owner Builds World's Largest Yacht

Daily Mail:
    Admiral Abramovich launches his £300million mega-yachtski: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

By Mail Foreign Service

It is the biggest private yacht in existence and comes with a missile-detection system, two helipads, a luxury spa, swimming pool and a miniature submarine.

But when you're Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich, only the most ostentatious displays of wealth will do.

His latest baby is the Eclipse, a 557-footer reported to have cost a staggering £300million. [Full Article]
    If you're keeping score at home, 557 feet makes it about 50 feet longer than an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: 767 "Bandit" Owner Builds World's Largest Yacht

wow its finally done! A few years ago I was reading about his plans for this ship. At 557 I don't think you can call it a yacht anymore. Curious why it comes with a missile detection system and if it comes with that..does it have something to defend against the missiles?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    wow its finally done! A few years ago I was reading about his plans for this ship. At 557 I don't think you can call it a yacht anymore. Curious why it comes with a missile detection system and if it comes with that..does it have something to defend against the missiles?
    He reminds me of the type of mega-billioinaire villian James Bond always battles!!!! The kind that wants to rule the world!! LOL maybe thats why he has the missle detection system.

Such a large ship may be attacked if it is mistaken for an enemy vessel or just an unknown craft, so I can understand the missile thing. Keep in mind how rich this guy is and that people might want to go after him as well.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Such a large ship may be attacked if it is mistaken for an enemy vessel or just an unknown craft, so I can understand the missile thing. Keep in mind how rich this guy is and that people might want to go after him as well.
    Definitely a pirate magnet, and the Russian government has been known to turn on their own billionaires from time to time, so some defenses are definitely called for. Not to mention the guys he probably entertains on his boat.

Obligatory:
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Definitely a pirate magnet, and the Russian government has been known to turn on their own billionaires from time to time, so some defenses are definitely called for. Not to mention the guys he probably entertains on his boat.

Obligatory:
    [quote]

If the Russian Gov't wants to take this ship out no missile detection system is going to help him. One torpedo from an attack sub or an air strike will do the trick and no one will ever know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    If the Russian Gov't wants to take this ship out no missile detection system is going to help him. One torpedo from an attack sub or an air strike will do the trick and no one will ever know what happened.
    This is true, but it would make a more entertaining movie if he fired a few rounds back. Imagine the final scene of Scarface with SAMs!