Thread: FBI/NYPD Nuke Drill in Queens Tonight

FBI/NYPD Nuke Drill in Queens Tonight

Our thoughtful overlords have decided to let us know there will be a massive FBI/NYPD/Dept of Defense/Dept of Energy counterterrorism drill in Cunningham Park tonight between 9pm and 4am. It will involve a simulated nuke/dirty bomb attack. From what I can tell they only told the public about this a couple of hours before it's happening, so plenty of people in Fresh Meadows, Bayside and the surrounding areas are going to freak out seeing all the police vehicles and choppers around. :roll:

http://www.1010wins.com/FBI--NYPD-Condu ... ns/4565187
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: FBI/NYPD Nuke Drill in Queens Tonight

PRESS RELEASE

FBI New York

Monica McLean, 212-384-2715

James Margolin, 212-384-2720

NYPD

Paul Browne, 646-610-8989

Ed Mullen, 646-610-8800

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JUNE 9, 2009

FULL SCALE TRAINING EXERCISE

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York City Police Department, U.S. Department of Energy, and the U.S. Department of Defense will be conducting a routinely scheduled, joint interoperability full scale training exercise in the New York City area during June 9-11, 2009. Resources from a variety of federal, state and local agencies will be participating to test and determine compatibility and response proficiency.

Please be advised that due to this full scale exercise, traffic delays are anticipated in the vicinity of exits 3 and 4 of the southbound Clearview Expressway between the hours of 9 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9th and 1 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10th, 2009.

# # #
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

that actually explains what was going on. i passed by the entrance to the midtown tunnel on my way home and saw two A119s and a Bell 412 in addition to a zillion RMPs.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    that actually explains what was going on. i passed by the entrance to the midtown tunnel on my way home and saw two A119s and a Bell 412 in addition to a zillion RMPs.
    Wonder if NEST had their copter working.
    From what I read Part 2 is tonite at Floyd Bennett Field (NY22).

Their was a big drill in the Bronx a couple of Sunday mornings ago. at the Resovoir in the Kingbridge section, and about a mile and a half from where I live. Even though I was listening to both of the two local AM News stations, 880 and 1010 wins of and on for several hours Sat evening I found out about it after it was over.

Not Impressed

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Wonder if NEST had their copter working.
    Wondered that too, I presume they must have been involved in some capacity. Serious stuff.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9