Thread: US Airways Employee Questioned About Handgun on Plane at PHL

US Airways Employee Questioned About Handgun on Plane at PHL

Police: Handgun handed off at airport, gets on plane

By Larry King

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

A U.S. Airways employee was being questioned by authorities this morning after a bag containing an unloaded gun apparently circumvented security and made it onto a plane at Philadelphia International Airport, police said.

A passenger waiting to board Flight 1195, destined for Phoenix, noticed another passenger handing a carry-on bag directly to the airline employee, said Officer Christine O'Brien, a Philadelphia police spokeswoman.

The bag was not sent through normal secuity screening, O'Brien said, making the waiting passenger suspicious. The passenger alerted officials with the Transportation Security Administration. [Full Article]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: US Airways Employee Questioned About Handgun on Plane at PHL

Certainly sounds like a US PHL type. Hate to stereotype them at PHL but when I worked for US PHL had quite a reputation as far as employees. There are apparently little "roving gangs" within the Fleet Service department there.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

So the gun was legal and licensed, but the guy couldn't be bothered looking up the TSA rules for carrying a gun. So he had his roommate and fellow idiot, the US employee, sneak it through an employee entrance bypassing security. Or maybe he just wanted to avoid the checked bag fee. Hope the lawyer bills and nights in jail are worth it. :roll:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/ ... -gun_N.htm
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    So the gun was legal and licensed, but the guy couldn't be bothered looking up the TSA rules for carrying a gun. So he had his roommate and fellow idiot, the US employee, sneak it through an employee entrance bypassing security. Or maybe he just wanted to avoid the checked bag fee. Hope the lawyer bills and nights in jail are worth it. :roll:

Not to mention the federal charges they face. Even if they do get off light, the only customer service job the US Air guy will be able to get will have him saying "would you like fries with that?".
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter

Not to mention the federal charges they face. Even if they do get off light, the only customer service job the US Air guy will be able to get will have him saying "would you like fries with that?".
    Even if they do get off light the lawyer fees are going to sink these guys. It really amazes me that someone can be this stuipid.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Certainly sounds like a US PHL type. Hate to stereotype them at PHL but when I worked for US PHL had quite a reputation as far as employees. There are apparently little "roving gangs" within the Fleet Service department there.
    That couldn't be any farther from the truth. Yes, most PHL Rampers do have a bad work ethic - most are actually pretty good guys and girls down there thought once you know them. But as far as roving gangs goes. That is a major misconception by people that don't work down there. I have yet to see a ''gang'' of rampers go into a bathroom and start beating up passengers with guns pointed at their faces. I still have yet to see anyone go through bags and steal belongings of a PAX.