Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Air France plane missing over the Atlantic

Re: Air France plane missing over the Atlantic

Not just us anymore...CBS News is now reporting that it appears the tail was indeed sheared off by aerodynamic forces, and even compared it to the tail of AA587.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Two great articles...

Airline pilot/Salon.com columnist Patrick Smith describes his experiences flying through the ITCZ.
    :arrow: Flight 447's perfect storm

Information Week examines the philosophy gap between Boeing's manually operated flight controls vs. Airbus's computer-reliant systems
    :arrow: Computers Key To Air France Crash
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Not just us anymore...CBS News is now reporting that it appears the tail was indeed sheared off by aerodynamic forces, and even compared it to the tail of AA587.
    You can't compare the two so the min CBS did that they lost any creditability. BTW what does "aerodynamic forces" mean? For some reason it sounds like CBS is trying to use words they don't understand. Does that mean the tail came off while the plane was in stable flight because of the weather or did it come off as the plane dived into the ocean?

True.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

France is now claiming two people sharing names with radical Muslims were on board. Hmm.

Could be legit. But they very likely knew this within hours of the crash, why announce it now?

For a few days after the crash, the weather was the leading culprit, but for the past week, nearly every new theory involves at least some negligence on the part of Air France and/or Airbus, which is, of course, based in France. Furthermore, the Paris Air Show takes place next week, traditionally an event where Airbus receives a large portion of their annual orders. This year they'll be lucky to earn any orders due to the economy, and this "tail fell off" stuff doesn't help their image.

In the very early hours following the plane's dissapearance, I had heard there was absolutely no chance of this being terrorism. I found that to be a bit premature considering we had no definitive evidence of anything at all .

I found this on bloomberg.com

The “black box” recorders from Flight 447, from Rio de Janeiro to Paris, may be lying at the bottom of the ocean, Brazilian Defense Minister Nelson Jobim said yesterday in Brasilia. He has ruled out terrorism as the cause.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... er=germany
    Reading a lot of the press makes me think it almost seems as if Brasil is being quick to insist something like terroism couldnt be the cause, but it also highlights how officials are very quick to put ideas and guessees out there to a press who are hungry for a new angle on this accident.

read this for example.

Brazil, France Dispute Whether Debris Is From Air France Crash
    Share | Email | Print | A A A

By John Hughes, Heloiza Canassa and Joshua Goodman

June 6 (Bloomberg) -- Brazilian and French officials disagreed about whether debris in the Atlantic is from the Air France jet that crashed with 228 people on board, as planes and ships from both countries intensified the search.

Jose Ramos, a spokesman for Brazil’s Defense Ministry, said yesterday there is “no doubt” items spotted by the Brazilian air force are from the Airbus A330-200 that went missing this week on a flight from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. French officials said the country’s planes have been searching in the wrong area because no debris from the Air France flight has been found.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... in_america
    Darrell

Brazilian newspaper reporting that investigators now believe the plane broke up in the air. Of the first 16 victims examined, they were either naked or wearing minimal clothing, which would suggest their clothes were blown off by high wind. Bodies were found 53 miles apart, which could also be indication of a breakup. Furthermore, their lungs did not contain water, which indicates they died from impact and not drowning. Lack of burns means it is unlikely there was a bomb or explosion involved.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... _IAXADNn1c

French media reports a weak signal from the black boxes has been detected, sending mini subs to the area to search.

so they still have time to find the black boxes