Thread: Just Announced: Republic Airlines to Fly E-190s for Midwest

Just Announced: Republic Airlines to Fly E-190s for Midwest

This was just announced by my company 40 mins ago

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Republic- ... .html?.v=1

Re: Just Announced: Republic Airlines to Fly E-190s for Midwest

Might as well keep them in an all white scheme and not waste money on the paint as YX won't be around to much longer.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

very nice! hope they come by the office some time...

and tommy, i kinda hope they do paint 'em. i like those colors...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Congradulations, Republic has just finished adding the final nail to the coffin for the pilots group at Midwest. Without getting too hostile this event has now opened up a new whole can of worms outside of the fact that Mdiwest is pretty much doomed now. The 100 seat airplane being flown by regional carriers on regional pay scales is going to do to pilot pay what Comair and the 50 seater did in the 90's to the industry. Good luck to JetBlue 190 pilots now IF you get a contract. And good luck to anyone in the PSA/Piedmont group who ever hoped of getting their flowthrough to USAirways to fly 190's. I will bite my tounge here and save the rest of the union banter for elsewhere.
    I made the call behind the stall, I'm going in for guns-Dos Gringo

A leaked Mexicana memo says they'll be getting all of Midwest's remaining 717s. No confirmation yet from Midwest or Boeing.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/46496157.html
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That has been in the wood work since Midwest announced the retirement of the MD's. One had to figure. So now Midwest becomes a paper airline and the first major in which Regional pay scales will prevail. It is avtually a new model. Folks, if you ever dreamed of becoming an airline pilot be prepared to spend it flying regioanls because regionals are the new career path in flying with things like this happening. Great for tyhe spotters and Brain Bedford's pockets terrible for the rest of the hard working public. :cry:

im gonna really miss seeing thoses 717s in the Midwest colors. But Im very sure the E190s will turn out nice as well.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

N101CV...wait one second, RAH had nothing to do with the final nail in the coffin for Midwest, maybe if the Midwest pilots would have taken the concessions, this would not be happening.

RAH has lent money to Midwest, to keep it afloat, but all I read about is the Midwest pilots blaming everyone but themselves.

Remember the stipulation was when RAH began to fly the 170's for Midwest, is that Midwest had the option to lease the aircraft from Republic, train their crews to fly them and the aircraft would be operated by Midwest, but no that was not good enough for the crews.

Why should the pilots be blames. They took initial concessions but management never took concessions of their own. And as far as the whole lease argument goes yes the Midwest pilots turned it down because why should they be forced to work for a hybrid regional pay scale flying for a mainline bannered carrier. The only point I will conceed on is that it is the pilots fault for not adding a scope clause to their contract in the last round of barganing. If they had RAH would not even be a problem right now. RAH might be flying the 170 on a limited basis but nothing more. I hold nothing against RAH personally but I do hold a great deal of resentment for the 190 agreement. The 190 with a regional is just going to bring everyone down now in terms of pay and it bring the 100 seat airplane into the regional market and the 190 is not by any means a "regional jet". So in essence RAH pilots/F/A's willingness to fly and even more "real looking" airliner with 100 seats only hurts EVERYONE. RAH is the Comair of the 2000's in terms of changing the face of regional aviation. First the 50 seat jet came to regional aviation and all the regional pilots clamored to fly them. Now it is the most expensive seat per mile airplane on the planet. Now the next advance is flying 100 seat airplanes for regional pay making it harder to make a living flying bit by bit by bit. Rumor has it Bedford also wants to buy Compass off Delta/NW hands too so he can have that Airbus cert.