Thread: See Those Classic Rockers Before It Is Too Late

See Those Classic Rockers Before It Is Too Late

Growing up in the 70s was a great time for music. The "classic rock" we listen to now was new, fresh, powerful and innovative. There were summers when my friends and I were attending concerts every night. From MSG, Central Park Music Festival, Roosevelt Field (NJ)
    and other venues we were there. One of my favorite bands was Emerson, Lake & Palmer. In fact that whole progressive rock genre (Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Jethro Tull) was my favorite. So a few months ago I saw tickets on sale for the "Keith Emerson Band" at BB Kings in NYC on June 12. Fantastic and I quickly procured tickets and eagerly anticipated this show. I saw him there back in 2004 and it was unbelievable. Now he was touring with a fresh young band including guitar player/vocalist Marc Bonilla and a new CD. Then the other night I get an email informing me that the show was CANCELLED!!! In fact the whole tour was cancelled. I went to Keiths website and read the sad info....

http://www.keithemerson.com/TourInfo/20 ... ancel.html

Interesting that he adds his doctors note to his note. Though I am saddened for Keith and TOTALLY bummed for myself this does
    not totally surprise me. Keith has had hand problems before from carpal tunnel and has had a number of surgeries on that hand.
    Hopefully he gets better and can play again.
    Well at least I have tickets for "The Moody Blues" at Radio City in August. I saw them there two years ago and I have to tell you those
    veteran cosmic rockers KICKED BUTT!! Looking for more of the same this time. If they stay healthy!! :)
    So kids if you want to see these classc rockers dont wait till next time because next time might not come. They (we) aint getting any younger.

Other notable illness include "Yes" having to find a new vocalist to replace Jon Anderson who had severe respiratory problems (He is better) for their 40th anniversary tour then CANCELLING the tour mid way through when bass player Chris Squire had to have leg surgery. He is also better and they are touring with "Asia" this summer who had problems a few years ago when bassist/vocalist John Wetton had heart surgery.
    The other day Lynyrd Skynyrd bass player (see a trend here with bass players?) Ean Evans passed away from cancer and legendary Pink Floyd keyboardist Rick Wright passed away last Sept.
    Probably more but I'm getting kinda depressed here!! :)

Re: See Those Classic Rockers Before It Is Too Late

I think the last injury/ailment that Rush had was when Alex Lifeson jammed his finger while having sex with his wife before a show back in 1979. :lol:

ps Anyone who can tell me what album is displayed in my avatar gets a cookie. Roman's disqualified. :D

Not a lot of time left for the classic rockers to be sure... Jagger's voice is clearly going and the Stones were never the same without Mick Taylor, but they have some good moments...

"Keep 'em Flying"

>ps Anyone who can tell me what album is displayed in my avatar gets a cookie.<

"Signals" and a GREAT band.

The Allmans just did their usual month at THe Beacon and celebrating THEIR 40th Anniversary they had special guests at every show except one.
    Here is the guest list...http://www.moogis.com/latest/guest-appe ... eacon.html
    And hopefully they put out a CD/DVD of these events because I really would love to see/hear the Clapton shows. I heard they were breathtaking!! I can only imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    I think the last injury/ailment that Rush had was when Alex Lifeson jammed his finger while having sex with his wife before a show back in 1979. :lol:

ps Anyone who can tell me what album is displayed in my avatar gets a cookie. Roman's disqualified. :D
    Hey where's my friggin cookie!!??
    COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE!!!!

Just watched the Eric Clapton-Steve Winwood show (or parts of it) on Great Performances on PBS. This from their
    Feb shows at the Garden last year. What INCREDIBLE music and musicianship by two of classic rocks iconic performers.
    And Claptons guitar playing is as amazing and powerful as it has ever been. A 16 minute version of Hendrix "Voodoo Chile" is breathtaking. And it should be noted that Steve Winwood played on the "Electric Ladyland" album version of that song. They are playing again June 10 at the Izod Center in NJ and the music is available on iTunes. And the DVD of the shows is also available.
    HIGHLY recommended!!!!

>Well at least I have tickets for "The Moody Blues" at Radio City in August. I saw them there two years ago and I have to tell you those
    veteran cosmic rockers KICKED BUTT!! Looking for more of the same this time. If they stay healthy!! :)

Yes they were healthy and fine and were absolutely fantastic!! The three geezers with their four younger bandmates were so great!!
    Listening to over 5000 people singing along on such hits like "Question" and "Ride My See Saw" and "Nights in White Satin" is chilling
    and awesome!!