Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rhode Island National Guard Open House June 27th & 28th

Re: Rhode Island National Guard Open House June 27th & 28th

Thanks Moose for the info I appreciate it! Looks like I'll be driving; it would be $100 roundtrip on the ferry against like $50 for gas round trip.
    Are you planning to be out there that weekend?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

God I hope this damn weather clears up! :evil:

Anybody ready for a KICK A$$ airshow!
    I just checked out the thread at airshowbuzz.com about the show and the line up looks great. Looks like the F-22 will go up twice each day; just like they did with the Harrier last year.
    As of now the weather looks good for the weekend, but keepin my fingers crossed!

No Doubt!

2 F22 Demo's, A JATO for Faaaaaaaaaat Albert. NICE!

As far as the Ferries go, I live like 5 minutes from the Port Jeff ferry and I'm driving around. The cost is pretty high, as Moose said it's $54 for car & driver and an additional 13 per passenger. Since we'll be heading up so early on a Sat, we hope traffic isn't going to be a concern and we'll save $100 Round Trip by driving around.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Twice on Saturday, once on Sunday. Am willing to bet there will be two F-16 demos on Sunday.

Anyone planning on checking out the night show on Friday?

No JATO on Sunday?

Hi all,

Other than the Fat Albert JATO takeoff, Are there any major differences (ommissions/additions) between the performances on Saturday and Sunday? I would love to see the JATO takeoff, but will be very short on time on Saturday, and will need to leave the show right about when the Angels hit the runway for takeoff (~3pm).

If you had only one day to attend, would you pick Saturday or Sunday? And why? I'm trying to weigh out my options. I can go either day, but like I said, if I go on Saturday, I will miss the better part of the Angels performance, but on the bright side, I'll witness the JATO take off. On Sunday I can stay all the way till the end, but no JATO… :(

Any other performance/exhibits I should consider?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's GO time in like 9 hours!
    Anyone ready for two raptor demos, i just hope those thunderstorms hold off.

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it today, due to family obligations.

However! Tomorrow is a new day! I'll be hitting the road bright and early: 6AM :)

Can't wait. Hope the weather holds...

Wow, what a KICK ASS airshow it was Saturday! Perfect weather plus great performances by all the teams made for some great shooting.
    On Saturday on the F-22's second demo; there was just enough humidity in the air to make for some nice condensation during the high speed and photo/dedication passes.
    I never made it out there today (Sunday) because from what I heard on the forecast that the weather wasn't going to be as good as yesterday.
    Daniel, how was it there today? Did it clear up at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Wow, what a KICK ASS airshow it was Saturday! Perfect weather plus great performances by all the teams made for some great shooting.
    On Saturday on the F-22's second demo; there was just enough humidity in the air to make for some nice condensation during the high speed and photo/dedication passes.
    I never made it out there today (Sunday) because from what I heard on the forecast that the weather wasn't going to be as good as yesterday.
    Daniel, how was it there today? Did it clear up at all?
    The weather did eventually clear up enough for the Raptor, F-16, the Snow Birds, and most importantly - the Angels to go up! By the time the Angels went up, it was actually sunny :)

I noticed that Angel #5 came down for landing after roughly 2 minutes in the air... must have had some mechanical problems...

I have a combined total of some 32GB of CF cards to go though :shock:

Hopefully, I got some decent shots. It was hard reviewing them on the cameras' LCDs. The show DID start under overcast skies, and spot metering was very tough. We shall see... :D

Overall, awesome show! Can't wait for next year!

P.S.

While it was overcast for the better part of the day, the upside for the crappy weather was some major vapor galore... :D

Sat's show was one of, if not the best show I've been to. It was an amazing line up and the folks at RIANG had things organized amazingly well. It was good to meet the folks from NYCA that made the trip up.

How loud were "DOG's" take offs? Holy crap my ears are still blown. Zeke looked great in the Raptor and the snowbirds were amazing. The Blues seemed a bit off but I think a lot of it has to do with the fog bank less than a mile from the airport. 6's takeoff was amazing though, so low that he kicked up a dust storm at the end of the runway.

Civilian wise, it was great to see John Klatt again. I love his performances and he's as personable as Sean D. Tucker. Speaking of Sean D, he was fantastic, highlighted by a shout out to the ASB.TV crew hanging out with the bus.

This show is first rate all the way and I can't wait to go back next year.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Guys,

I can tell you before even looking at any of the video that the demo videos of the F-16 and F-22 are going to be absolutely spectacular. I will be able to start encoding it next week and should have them uploaded starting next week as well. You all know where to find them!