Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123

Thread: ORBIS Plane at LGA

  1. #16
    Moderator mirrodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Posts
    5,746

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    BTW did Orbis ever use an L-1011?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

  2. #17
    Senior Member moose135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,040

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    BTW did Orbis ever use an L-1011?
    Apparently not - I thought they did, but it looks like they had a DC-8, and replaced it with the DC-10. I think what confused me is that there is (was?) an L-1011 Flying Hospital:
    http://l1011.homestead.com/flyinghosp.html

  3. #18
    Administrator PhilDernerJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,470

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    You folks are confusing this with the "Orbital" L-1011 stationed in Mohave, which is not related to any eye hospital.

    Email me anytime at [email protected].

  4. #19
    Senior Member Derf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Miller Place N.Y.
    Posts
    4,534

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Actually Moose was right, people are always confusing that with the L-1011 flying Hospital.

    Here is a shot I got of the flying hospital in Tucson



    the one that will be at LGA is a DC-10 flying eye hospital. I did see an HDTV 1 hour show on it, it was amazing what they do! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    I did see an HDTV 1 hour show on it, it was amazing what they do! :borat:
    I saw that one too. Really a great show.

  6. #21
    Administrator PhilDernerJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,470

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Friday at 11am for me. Anyone with me in that one?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

  7. #22
    Moderator mirrodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Posts
    5,746

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Just got my RSVP, Sat at 1700 but coincidentally, when I RSVPed, I mentioned my colleague and it turns out he and I are going at the same time.

    So if anyone has any interest in talking to someone who is NOT a part of Orbis but did perform surgeries on their plane, he's a good guy to talk to.

    EMS, do we finally get to meet? Can you also arrange for Vangelis' Chariots of Fire to be playing when we meet ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

  8. #23
    Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle Village, NY
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    I have Friday at 11AM for the tour.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Just got my RSVP, Sat at 1700 but coincidentally, when I RSVPed, I mentioned my colleague and it turns out he and I are going at the same time.

    So if anyone has any interest in talking to someone who is NOT a part of Orbis but did perform surgeries on their plane, he's a good guy to talk to.

    EMS, do we finally get to meet? Can you also arrange for Vangelis' Chariots of Fire to be playing when we meet ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ?
    I think you're going to get pulled to side for special screening. "Sir we need to wand you."

  10. #25
    Senior Member Delta777LR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
    Posts
    2,844

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    im interested in going to the tour mostl likely friday in the morning, but what im wondering is do I need speacial access to get in or do I have to pay or what.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

    Sergio Cardona

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR
    im interested in going to the tour mostl likely friday in the morning, but what im wondering is do I need speacial access to get in or do I have to pay or what.
    Serigo did you read the link? If so you would have seen how to sign up. The deadline was April 30th. You may want to try, I don't know how strict they are with the deadline.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Delta777LR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
    Posts
    2,844

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Looks like they are offering tours.

    http://www.orbis.org/Default.aspx?cid=4826-8029-8163

    And yes it's a DC10.
    Tommy thanks for that link, I filled out the form im not sure when ill know whats happening but thanks
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

    Sergio Cardona

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

  13. #28
    Senior Member moose135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,040

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    I'll be there Friday at 10am, looks like I may bump into you on the way out, Phil.

  14. #29
    Senior Member Delta777LR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
    Posts
    2,844

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    ok, i made the call and got lucky, im in for 10AM next friday. Hope to see you guys there.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

    Sergio Cardona

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

  15. #30
    Senior Member emshighway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middle Village
    Posts
    2,060

    Re: ORBIS Plane at LGA

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Just got my RSVP, Sat at 1700 but coincidentally, when I RSVPed, I mentioned my colleague and it turns out he and I are going at the same time.

    So if anyone has any interest in talking to someone who is NOT a part of Orbis but did perform surgeries on their plane, he's a good guy to talk to.

    EMS, do we finally get to meet? Can you also arrange for Vangelis' Chariots of Fire to be playing when we meet ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ?
    I think you're going to get pulled to side for special screening. "Sir we need to wand you."
    A mask, wand and the special gloves :borat:

    I'll probably be passing by Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. I'll put the song on my iPhone.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •