Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to New York, Swine Flu

Re: Welcome to New York, Swine Flu

Nothin like seeing St. Francis Prep on the homepage of fox news: http://www.foxnews.com/

Why can't they just come home from spring break with herpes like everyone else? The kids bring swine flu.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The Clt local news said we may be next due to the large Mexican population here.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by coachrowsey
    The Clt local news said we may be next due to the large Mexican population here.
    There are large Mexican populations all over the US. We're all next!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by coachrowsey
    There are large Mexican populations all over the US. We're all next!
    Isn't that the truth.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by jetblue187
    I guess I cant do spotting at JFK Airport for a little while..until this flu situation stabilizes.
    Huh? :? :? :?
    Just hide when Aeromexico flies past.
    :lol:

yea right
    JETTING IS WAY MORE THAN JUST FREE PEANUTS! JETTING IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by jetblue187
    I guess I cant do spotting at JFK Airport for a little while..until this flu situation stabilizes.
    Huh? :? :? :?
    Just hide when Aeromexico flies past.
    :lol:
    I know you're joking, but you raise a good point. The Mexican carriers are actually the minority in NYC-Mexico service.

MEX
    AeroMexico: 3
    Mexicana: 2
    CO: 2
    DL: 2
    AA: 2

CUN
    JetBlue: 2
    AA: 1
    Mexicana: 1

MTY
    AeroMexico: 1

By my calculations, 11 of the 18 daily direct flights between NY-area airports and MEX, CUN and MTY are operated by US carriers. Then there are hundreds more that connect to NY in places like Houston, Florida and LA.

Anyway, most likely those St Francis Prep kids are not the only folks to catch it and bring it to NY, there's a good chance they're not even be the first.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

MEX
    AeroMexico: 3
    Mexicana: 2
    DL: 2
    AA: 2

CUN
    JetBlue: 2
    AA: 1
    Mexicana: 1

MTY
    AeroMexico: 1

By my calculations, 11 of the 18 daily direct flights between NY-area airports and MEX, CUN and MTY are operated by US carriers. Then there are hundreds more that connect to NY in places like Houston, Florida and LA.

Anyway, most likely those St Francis Prep kids are not the only folks to catch it and bring it to NY, there's a good chance they're not even be the first.
    the CDC must be having a lot of fun tracking all those folks down...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    the CDC must be having a lot of fun tracking all those folks down...
    From what they've said so far they are not tracking anyone down. Doesn't even sound like airport customs nor border patrol are doing much differently other than wearing surgical masks, maybe asking some people about possible symptoms, but that doesn't do much. In Japan and some airports in other Asian cities they have thermal scanners at the airports looking out for people arriving with fevers. Here: nothing.

GERALDO IS EMBEDDED AT ST. FRANCIS PREP! You know this is serious now!

A couple guys on my hockey team know people that are sick from Prep actually. I told the team we played tonight (all Long Island guys) that we all are from Queens and have Swine Flu. We won 9-5. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

In Japan and some airports in other Asian cities they have thermal scanners at the airports looking out for people arriving with fevers. Here: nothing.
    this has got to be our gov't's idea of population control...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    this has got to be our gov't's idea of population control...
    The universal healthcare plan would be a lot cheaper if there were 20 million less people to cover. :twisted:

Not enough jobs; time to thin the herd.... ?? :twisted:

T
    "Keep 'em Flying"

<<The Senate has yet to confirm a secretary of human services, a surgeon general or a director of CDC. The absence of those officials left Dr. Besser and Ms. Napolitano to brief reporters on the swine flu outbreak.>>

<<A European Union official warned against travel to parts of the U.S. as well as Mexico, but Dr. Besser said that seemed unwarranted.

State Department spokesman Robert A. Wood said the EU commissioner's remarks were his "personal opinion," not an official position, and thus the department had no comment. "We don't want people to panic at this point," Wood said.>>

Should this get serious, Obama is going to have his own Katrina (or much worse) situation on his hands.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    <<The Senate has yet to confirm a secretary of human services, a surgeon general or a director of CDC. The absence of those officials left Dr. Besser and Ms. Napolitano to brief reporters on the swine flu outbreak.>>

<<A European Union official warned against travel to parts of the U.S. as well as Mexico, but Dr. Besser said that seemed unwarranted.

State Department spokesman Robert A. Wood said the EU commissioner's remarks were his "personal opinion," not an official position, and thus the department had no comment. "We don't want people to panic at this point," Wood said.>>

Should this get serious, Obama is going to have his own Katrina (or much worse) situation on his hands.

Tom
    I doubt it will get that bad Tom. Word has it that as many as a million Mexians have it. If you put the numbers into perspective 149 deaths is nothing.