Thread: NetJets Union Agrees to Furlough Program

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

NetJets Union Agrees to Furlough Program

from Aviation International News:

NetJets Union Agrees to Furlough Program
    Fractional ownership provider NetJets and its pilots union have collaborated on a voluntary furlough-mitigation program in an attempt to reduce the threat of crew job cuts in the face of reduced flying demand. “This collection of leave options is not concessionary; rather, it is a menu of purely voluntary options that we believe will genuinely and verifiably help alleviate the current company-wide overstaffing issue,” said union president Mark Luthi of the plan announced yesterday. The Joint Preventative Measures Campaign offers union members choices like an early-out option, which would give pilots payments and benefits depending on length of service and seniority. NetJets is also offering leaves of absence, both long-term and short. Among other solutions are voluntary reduced scheduling and a temporary construct allowing crewmembers to receive time off in lieu of pay. Union leadership hopes that members will participate in some aspect of the program to reduce work days. NetJets expects to begin receiving bids for those considering early-out and long-term leaves of absence on May 11.
    even the fractional-ownership king isn't immune. wow!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: NetJets Union Agrees to Furlough Program

I'd imagine a not a lot of NetJets pilots are flying/getting paid these days anyway.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Much like the air freight market this market has suffered as well in the economy. I'm waiting to see the light at the end of the tunnel but more and more it resembles a locomotive that's going to run over what's left of our economy.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I'd imagine a not a lot of NetJets pilots are flying/getting paid these days anyway.
    Well they may not be flying, but the pilots are still getting paid!
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777
    Well they may not be flying, but the pilots are still getting paid!
    I thought they only get paid for actual time flown?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NetJet pilots are salaried.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch