Thread: Names of LaGuardia Climbs

Names of LaGuardia Climbs

I am curious about why several of the climbs out of LaGuardia have no names. We have the Whitestone, Maspeth, Flushing and Coney Climbs. I can't find names for the climbs off Rwy 4, 22, or 31. Only the climbs off Rwy 13 have names. I guess because it would be too confusing without those names. There are also 2 different approaches to Rwy 22 for arrivals, 1 approach passes up the Hudson River while the other longer approach sweeps across the Long Island Sound.

Re: Names of LaGuardia Climbs

According to the plates, the other runways do not have named climbs, which seems to be because the otehr runways only have one climb for each. Runway 13, on the other hand, has various climbs for various needs that pertain to noise abatement and weather, for example.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Names of LaGuardia Climbs

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    There are also 2 different approaches to Rwy 22 for arrivals, 1 approach passes up the Hudson River while the other longer approach sweeps across the Long Island Sound.
    Phil was spot on about the climbs off 13. With regard to the approaches to 22 it has to due with the departing runway. If LGA is launching off 13 then the arrival up the Hudson is used. This is the ideal condition at LGA and seems to be able to allow the airport to operate to its max capacity. However, if LGA is launching off 31 then the 22 arrival goes over the Island. The reason for this is the departing aircraft off 31 would be at roughly the same altitude when they across the Hudson as if they were arriving on 22 using the approach up the Hudson.

Hopefully that makes sense!
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true