Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mayday! mayday! mayday!

mayday! mayday! mayday!

help! i inserted my memory card to transfer the files to my computer and it's saying that the card has not been formatted (i've been using this card for over a year now and i format it every time i clear the card)...as such, i cannot remove the photos from a very important assignment. does anyone know how to resolve this issue? thanks so much in advance!!!

mike
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Re: mayday! mayday! mayday!

Try connecting your camera to your computer via USB rather than using a card reader.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Inspector-S ... 61986.html

This will take hours but it is THE SOFTWARE that WILL GET thedata back... I have used it 3 times
    3 successes... THIS IS A MUST and the best software from what I have found.

IT WILL TAKE HOURS and pull images from LONG LONG AGO.... it reads sector by sector, if very damaged...it will pull anything possible (partial images)

I WILL NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE! IT IS INCREDIBLE....RUN IT ON A GOOD CARD AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

OH, and its Free! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

thanks Fred, I somehow knew you'd have some valuable input...I'm at work right now or else I'd give it a try, but does it require my presence at the computer? or will it work on its own if I were to let it do its thing overnight? Thanks again!

Mike

all on its own...it will take a LONG TIME...probably like 8 hours if your lucky...but every time you erase the card or format the card, all the info is still there. The only thing that will erase all your data is a total card failure or overwriting the entire card. All is NOT lost, your data is probably just fine. :borat:

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    http://www.cardrecovery.com/
    It looks like it does the same exact thing as the software I suggested.

I have to recommend what I know and the only time I have seen where this software did not help was where the card was destroyed and it was not possible for professional recovery. The list of people who recommend your card recovery software is very impressive. I would still recommend the one I use because of the spotless track record I have had with it.... but I am very interested in this card recovery. Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    http://www.cardrecovery.com/
    It looks like it does the same exact thing as the software I suggested.

I have to recommend what I know and the only time I have seen where this software did not help was where the card was destroyed and it was not possible for professional recovery. The list of people who recommend your card recovery software is very impressive. I would still recommend the one I use because of the spotless track record I have had with it.... but I am very interested in this card recovery. Thanks for the link
    I have used Card Recovery many times and it works great. When I tried to run PC Inspector I got an error. Whatever works.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Whatever works.
    Well put, I concur :borat:

thanks so much for all the input, I'm trying out Fred's recommendation, I'll keep y'all posted!

update:

Fred, that program works like a dream! It's not even half way through and it's recovered the files i'm looking for, and thank goodness! You're a lifesaver, I owe ya one pal

-Mike

Glad to hear :borat: I have been playing with the software that emshighway used and like that too. Good Stuff!

both software just read and do not alter the card, so either way.... :borat:

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Question....

how far back can you go on a card recovery? I usually reormat my card every so many uploads, so once formated, it it a lost cuase? OR could I try and recover something from 6 months ago?

And does this stuff work on a hard drive?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

erase the card and run the software...go to bed...... THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND

Format does not erase any images....just the filenames so it looks empty

if you run it, it is easy to see what it does....

Put it this way, I filled my 8gb card once MONTHS AGO..

the last images taken at that time months ago are STILL ON MY CARD.....and yours!
    run the software.... you will see and be AMAZED!

You will see the current....then after the last image you will see some old stuff, then older stuff than really old stuff!

If you fill your card, you will not see anything previous.....period

you never delete with an erase or a format. You need to low level format to get that done. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

if you fill the card and then you erase...now if you record 1gb of data...the first Gig that was overwritten is new and ALL of the stuff not overwritten will still be there.

it is easer to do than to figure out.... when you see, you will understand. Mabe I can not explain