Thread: Bermuda Fares Question

Bermuda Fares Question

I've been pricing flights to Bermuda the last weekend of May...cheapest I've found is $99 each way on AA, jetBlue and Delta, which works out to $292 round trip incl tax (almost 50% tax, awesome!). I suspect this is as cheap as it's going to get, but I feel like maybe I've seen AA offer somewhat cheaper deals in their weekend specials on random occasions. Has anyone ever seen a cheaper deal, especially recently? Or should I just pull the trigger now?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Bermuda Fares Question

I'd say that 99 each way is about as good as its going to get considering were halfway through April by now. Its funny how we can see how jetBlue killed the fares in this market. BDA used to have some high fares....
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Re: Bermuda Fares Question

I think you're right, I'll probably buy them this weekend. Not sure it's all jetBlue's fault, I think lack of demand is hurting them more than anything. It seems they've cut capacity a lot and they're still this low. AA is down to one daily JFK flight, it used to be two or three I think. Usually this time of year flights are palatable but even the dumpiest hotels are $300 a night and up. The other day I booked the fairly swank Fairmont Southampton for $99 a night.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9