Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 707-300 N88ZL JFK (Pix) 4/7/09

Re: 707-300 N88ZL JFK (Pix) 4/7/09

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Hey Matt (trainsandplanes),
    I am a rail fan msyelf thats why I asked :)
    I started out in Chicago (I lived there for 6 years). I am not into Subway or Steam either. My main attraction are the types like the Dash 9s and the GP and SD E and F series units. I can appreciate an idling SD40-2 myself you know or a line of SD90s :)

Senga

I've been an engineer for the past 4 years with CSX out of Richmond, VA. I run Richmond to Rocky Mount, NC and Posrtsmouth, VA on the old ACL and Seaboard lines. Any time you want to talk trains, let me know. I've always been into aviation photography. I grew up in East Islip, NY six miles off the final approach to Runway 6 at Islip and did some flight training at Suffolk Aviation Academy in Brookhaven.

http://marraphotography.com/p369278632
    http://marraphotography.com/p506073448

Hi Mike,
    An Engineer for CSX? That must be pretty cool. I'd be more tha happy to discuss trains. I haven't come accross any rail road photogs since I have been in NY.
    You know I was hoping to get a shot of one of the remaining Chessie units CSX had but I never was able to get one :( Growing up in Northern , VA I used to see them all over.

Senga

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Oh lord...look what I've done now. :lol:

Anytime you guys wanna talk trains, I'm around. I'm probably one of the more hardcore railfans you'll ever meet. The aviation guys are probably the only ones who could ever get close to understanding the obession. And now I'm hooked for life on that too.

But Senga...did you HAVE to post the image of a rotting to death BN E9? That's just not right. :D
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

m.marra, Planesntrains,
    Maybe we should start a temp thread in the off topic so we can continue this there. Maybe even post a few pix. Since I have been in NY I haven't been shooting trains as much as I would like to as most of the local stuff is in NJ and we all know about NJ.
    There might be more of us on NYCA than we think :)
    You guys do the train sims?
    Senga