View Poll Results: Will GM and Chrysler go under?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 26.67%
  • No

5 33.33%
  • Who cares they both blow

6 40.00%

Thread: GM and Chrylser death watch

GM and Chrylser death watch

So looks like the Gov't gave GM and Chrysler the big thumbs down to more money. Question now is....what is going to happen? Personally I think all options and outcomes are on the table but word has it Chrysler is either going to go under or the Gov't is going to let Fiat take them over.

Re: GM and Chrylser death watch

Companies like these need to die out. It is a shame and sucks that many would lose their jobs, but paying money to keep crappy companies afloat when they just can't make money will hurt more than it helps.

This is what capitalism is about. Government bailouts should be illegal.

"Home of the free and whoever has a lobby or is friends with a Senator."
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It seems like the govt is going to stand behind GM (Government Motors) no matter what.

Chrysler might not be so lucky, nor do they deserve to be. Chrysler is owned by a massively wealthy capital firm that could pour billions into it if they wanted. Even if there's a Fiat deal, Fiat has such a poor reputation in the US it would be very difficult for them to overcome.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Breaking news....Chrysler says it has reached a deal with Fiat. No details yet.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I dont think they will go under, but I think there will be consolidation of some sort