Thread: Single SkyTeam Livery Expected to Debut Shortly

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Single SkyTeam Livery Expected to Debut Shortly

from FlightGlobal:

Single SkyTeam alliance livery expected to debut shortly
    By David Kaminski-Morrow
    SkyTeam member carriers are expected shortly to introduce a unified livery on some aircraft, while Czech Airlines appears already to have revealed the basics of the design.

The alliance stated last June that the common scheme would feature on 1% of its global fleet, but that it was still in the process of approving the colours.

But an image of an ATR 42 turboprop, apparently from Czech Airlines' internal publication Okno, indicates that the design will carry SkyTeam's logo on a dark blue vertical fin, and the alliance's name on the forward fuselage, with an identifier for the operating carrier.

The livery also features a large representation of the characteristic SkyTeam 'ribbon' on the rear fuselage. A caption below the image from Okno states that Czech Airlines will paint one of its ATR 42s in the colours in April.

US SkyTeam member Delta Air Lines is said to be already painting one of its Boeing 767-400 aircraft in the common livery.

SkyTeam has 11 full members and three associate members, with Romania's Tarom expected to bring the number of associates to four this year.

Star Alliance unveiled its common livery in 2002 while the Oneworld group last year started featuring its own scheme on member airlines.
    i understand the need for branding your product, but do these schemes have to be so damn ugly? the best one IMO was the star alliance "clothes line" livery.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Single SkyTeam Livery Expected to Debut Shortly

It sounds like DL's Sky Team 764 will probably be rolling out of DL Tech Ops in ATL tommorow. From the descrption I read it will be similar to the above ATR-42 but with a white, not grey fuselage.

Cheers

LGA777

Having seen our 767-400ER in Skyteam colors, I have to say it looks beautiful. Don't let this cheap graphic spoil the livery. The fuselage is metallic gray (similar to the NW scheme). Very classy, and be on the look out for her at JFK in April.

Just back from the official photo shoot. I have the shots, however until the formal announcement is made I have agreed to not release them. As soon as ship 1820 is wheels-up to Dublin (around 9:30 PM eastern) I'll release my shots (unless of course some kind of formal announcement is made prior to that).

That being said, this plane looks absolutely superb.

Embargoes are made to be broken. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Embargoes are made to be broken. :)
    And jobs are meant to be kept. ;-)

Just be patient...