Thread: AIRPORT Marathon tonight on AMC (regular and HD channels)

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

AIRPORT Marathon tonight on AMC (regular and HD channels)

Starts around 5 (I think) and goes on thorugh 4 AM.

Enjoy.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: AIRPORT Marathon tonight on AMC (regular and HD channels)

AHAHA Great minds think alike, LOL I was just going to post this. The first and best one is on now!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

LOL, this show makes me laugh.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Lol Thanks for the heads up.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

As one of the few people on this forum who probably actually saw this movie in the theater (and the place only had one screen) :roll: , I remember the review in the newspaper said “the Boeing 707 is the true star of this movie”. How true that statement is!

Like the Godfather, whenever I am channel surfing and come across either of these movies, I sit and watch the movie to the end, no matter how many times I have already seen it.

As a voracious reader, I usually limit myself to airline, aircraft and aviation history. Other than “required reading”, ‘Airport’ was one of the few novels I have read, and I highly recommend it to everyone here on the forum.

While I’m at it I might as well mention the novel “Ernest J Gann’s Flying Circus” by Ernie Gann. The “High and the Mighty”, also by Gann is a great “true” story of the early days of commercial aviation and is nothing like the excellent John Wayne movie of the same title.

I think you are thinking of Fate is the Hunter by Ernie Gann, that is an autobiographical retelling of the round engined glory days of air transport circa 30's and 40's, The High and the Mighty,is an awesome novel,and the John Wayne movie is almost a line by line recreation of the book.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by JHNA57
    .............. The “High and the Mighty”, also by Gann is a great “true” story of the early days of commercial aviation and is nothing like the excellent John Wayne movie of the same title.
    This is REAL CRM at its finest!!!!

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

"Fate is the Hunter" is right, :borat: I stand corrected.

I did read in "A Hostage to Fortune", Gann's autobiography, that he dis-associated himself from the film "The High and the Mighty" because he did not like the screenplay. Because he had sold the rights to the movie studio, they did not even associate his name with the film.

"Fate is the Hunter" was a different movie. That one was about the investigation of a plane crash. The plane in the movie was a DC-4 with two "barrels" attached to the tail shooting out sparks to make it look like a jet engine.

The marathon went on well past 4. I only got home at 3 this morning and was watching Airport 75 when I fell asleep around 5. I woke up to Airport 79 around 10 or so. Then I came to work and saw "Airport '09 Lost In The Fog" Guiness and I are going to be such CLOSE friends in just another couple of hours.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

"Airport '09 Lost In The Fog"???
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    "Airport '09 Lost In The Fog"???
    He is referring to today's visibuility at the New York Airports, it was really bad.

Not long after arriving at work today LGA's Metar was vis of 0 SM with a 100 foot ceiling, really bad.

It's around 0045 lcl and still waiting for 3 turn arounds. On Passur I see 17 aircraft enroute to LGA including VP-BDJ, delays where so bad today even the Donald was effected majorly.

Cheers

LGA777