Thread: Congrats to U.S Airways..Not Really...

Congrats to U.S Airways..Not Really...

Fortune magazine's latest list of "Most and Least Admired" companies list is out and congratulations are in order for U.S Airways...They successfully made Fortune’s "LEAST" admired companies in the following categories...This is almost laughable...

-Least admired in Innovation

-Least admired in People Management

-Least admired in Use of assets

-Least admired in Management quality

-Least admired in financial soundness.

-Least admired in Long term investment

-Least admired in Product quality

Congrats to U.S Airways...the industrial and commercial population has spoke and you are the worst of the worst. Continental Airlines was ranked the Most Admired in its industry.

Re: Congrats to U.S Airways..Not Really...

Hey give them some credit.... I can think of one:

- Most admired for underpaying and overworking crew members who managed to successfully ditch an aircraft in the water causing 0 fatalities and minimal injuries, undoubtedly leading to an improved image of the company amongst much of the American flying public...

I keed, I keed....

Damn, you guys are ruthless.

I'm still a fan of US.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'm surprised there aren't more airlines on the "least admired" lists, though if they did top 20 rather than top 10 there'd probably be a several more. Continental is the only airline on any of the "most admired" lists: #9 in Management Quality.

Here's the whole thing: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/ ... best1.html

If you view admiration by industry, United and American are not far behind US...

1 Continental Airlines
    2 Air France-KLM Group
    3 Southwest Airlines
    4 Singapore Airlines
    5 Lufthansa Group
    6 Delta Air Lines
    7 British Airways
    8 All Nippon Airways
    9 Japan Airlines
    10 AMR
    11 UAL
    12 US Airways Group
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Damn, you guys are ruthless.

I'm still a fan of US.
    True, I can't hate...

I don't know when the last time I've flown US was...

Perhaps I'm just a "fair-weather basher"....

Before any of our friends at US take offense to this report, I don't think it takes customer experience as much into account as they do a company's financial stability, market strategy and stuff like that. I'm sure many US employees, who see all sorts of atrocities up close, like pay cuts despite doing a great job and seeing their CEO take home obscene Wall Street-style paychecks would agree with this ranking.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Before any of our friends at US take offense to this report, I don't think it takes customer experience as much into account as they do a company's financial stability, market strategy and stuff like that. I'm sure many US employees, who see all sorts of atrocities up close, like pay cuts despite doing a great job and seeing their CEO take home obscene Wall Street-style paychecks would agree with this ranking.
    All of that at some point effects the customer's experience Matt. I don't think a "disclaimer" is needed and no one is saying US doesn't have some great people. Ron is clearly one who goes the extra mile and probably if US had more of him they'd be a successful tier 1 airline.