Thread: Delta Removing the Classic Widget From ATL HDQ's

Delta Removing the Classic Widget From ATL HDQ's

To me this is very sad, but DL is removing the classic Widget signage from it's ATL Hdq's and replacing it with the new logo. I am sorry but this is truly a sad day in commercial aviation, and shows no respect for the history of DL's rich past. The widget was DL for many years

The sign will be moved to the TOC 2 building and put up in Bay 6

Re: Delta Removing the Classic Widget From ATL HDQ's

Well at least they are keeping it around and not trashing it so they certainly respect its history.

See I do not see it that way, it would be like AA taking down the historic signs at LGA on the old admin building and hangars

The DL widget on the HDQ's is a landmark and to me a great tribute to the man who started DL., CE Woolman,

Quote Originally Posted by crj200dispatcher
    See I do not see it that way, it would be like AA taking down the historic signs at LGA on the old admin building and hangars

The DL widget on the HDQ's is a landmark and to me a great tribute to the man who started DL., CE Woolman,
    Hangars and HQs are two totally different things. A company's corp HQ should reflect the company's current image and not a be a throw back to the company's past. Time to get out of the way back machine my friend ;) As I said Delta clearly respects its past by saving these signs rather then trashing them. A company's image is important when vendors, clients, and the like visit your HQ. Looking like you’re a 40 year old company can make the difference between securing a lucrative contract or losing it.