Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emirates Ending A380 Service to JFK

Emirates Ending A380 Service to JFK

Effective June 1, 2009. The A380 service will be shifted to Toronto. The DXB-JFK sector will operate soley with 777-300ER aircraft afterward.

Re: Emirates Ending A380 Serivce to JFK

Wow..I'm glad I'm going to NY in April then!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

WTF!?!?!??!
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG are you serious!!! Thats heart broken... At least we'll see Air France bring them soon.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

So please tell me were getting rick rolled or something, its the one plane besides the lufty 74 that i enjoy seeing there

What a shame.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Not sure why this was edited but w/e.....

The Port of NY/NJ spent over 100 Mil to prepare JFK for Emirates to bring the A380 to JFK, they should send them the bill. Even with Air France and Virgin the money that was spent for two A380 flights a day really is a waste.

One poster on airliners.net, said the 2 JFK A380's would go to YYZ 3x per week, and still operate to JFK 4x per week. Does anyone know for certain?

Re: Emirates Ending A380 Service to JFK

Seem like they´re going to fly to Bangkok and Söul also with the A380, so NYC will not be used. Anyone knows the current loadfactor on their A380 flights to NYC?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

yay No more euro-trash at JFK....now someone tell port tearing up 31L is useless now...and keep JFK 100% operational

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    yay No more euro-trash at JFK....now someone tell port tearing up 31L is useless now...and keep JFK 100% operational
    "No more Euro Trash????" What kind of comment is that? First off last I checked Emirates is based a few thousand miles away from Europe but I guess you mean the A380 which is built with parts from around the world...much like the 787 is, so yes the 787 is part Euro Trash as well....second the reduction in capacity is a sign of the times which effects the local economy. As for 13L yeah lets not tear it up now...Port can breach the contract that's signed pay a hefty fine for breach of contract and the contracting company can lay off the workers who were going to do the work and put money back into the economy....yep great idea.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Port invested into its taxiway rehabilitation program, which is raod work no different from Highway services, not just to accommodate an Emirates A380, so Emirates doesnt owe them anything.

While its the world's largest plane, lets not forget that it does NOT dwarf a 747. Their sizing is similar.

And as the tides change, so will the operators bringing them into the area.

Who would have thought we'd be seeing an Aerosur 727 at JFK lately?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    "No more Euro Trash????" What kind of comment is that? First off last I checked Emirates is based a few thousand miles away from Europe but I guess you mean the A380 which is built with parts from around the world...much like the 787 is, so yes the 787 is part Euro Trash as well....second the reduction in capacity is a sign of the times which effects the local economy. As for 13L yeah lets not tear it up now...Port can breach the contract that's signed pay a hefty fine for breach of contract and the contracting company can lay off the workers who were going to do the work and put money back into the economy....yep great idea.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    My comment is based off the concept that the A380 has done NOTHING innovative for this industry...aviation thrives on innovation, which will keep is going further.

The 787 is game changing; eliminating the pneumatic system onboard the aircraft which will save weight...making the aircraft entirely electric...

What's the A380? an A340 with an upper deck?

Same flightdeck...more sheet metal...

the 777 is a fully FBW aircraft, Boeing used it as it's testbed for testing Fiber (IFE system) and Composites (control surfaces) in aviation...using what it learned, BCA created the 787...

the 757/767 brought along the idea of ARINC429 databuses, and now we use the ARINC 629 on the 777...and the 787 continues this with a redesigned databus system...

I can keep going on with the 747, 707, etc...

So I don't make my comment from ignorance, I make my comment out of insult, that you would sit here and praise an aircraft that doesn't HELP the develop of aviation, I made my comment from a technical standpoint, because THAT'S what keeps this industry going!

EDIT; Due to minor mistakes...

and to add to it, I did some research into it...

Airbus further designed the ARINC664 standard...

which you know what? It's just an aviation approved IEEE standard of the 802.3

802.3 has been around since the 1970s! So big R&D on behalf of airbus there...take a 35 year old, ACCEPTED worldwide standard, and work out the kinks to make it avaliable onboard the aircraft...

SO now all you have is a NETWORKED airplane....

All us in the Tech department saw this, LONG time ago...especially when all the avionics systems are really just becoming computers!

and according to the Wiki link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avionics_F ... d_Ethernet) they are using OSI layers and QoS...now for all of us in the IT industry, doesn't that sound familar?

EDIT; For minor mistakes.