Thread: Spotting Trips Planned for the Next Month

Spotting Trips Planned for the Next Month

Well guys, the time of year has come, and it is time to hit the spotting trail again, and a few excursions I have planned within the next month are:

March 29-CMH, great spotting locations on the parking garage, and a spotters area located at the end of runway 28L. This is a real nice airport to spot at

April 12-CLE, I have been dying to get here to spot, so this will be my first trip here in many years, although only a few hours drive, or a quick 30 min non rev flight for me

No dates set yet, but definately going to hit DTW, and get some shots of NW before they are all gone, although definately excited about seeing some of the NW aircraft in the new DL scheme. But this will be sometime in April.

CVG, started my dispatcher career here with Comair, and want to spot here, have a funny feeling it might not remain a DL hub much longer

SDF will be sometime in the near future, for some UPS action, and this trip will take place with one of our captains, who is also a aviation geek, and we plan on spotting from the Republic Airways Hangar. Pays to work for an airline sometime.

Although I work in IND, our dispatch office is 15 miles from the airport, and to be honest with you, IND is not the best airport to spot at, the law enforcement is terrible to spotters, traffic is diminishing. I had recurrent ground school a month ago, and our training facility is off the airport on the approach to 5R, and when on lunch in a hour, only 5 aircraft arrived

I would love to spot at EWR, but I know that is impossible, and thinking of a day trip to LGA, to spot, because I miss spotting at Planeview, and that is a easy walk from the terminal

Will post reports once each excursion is done

Re: Spotting Trips Planned for the Next Month

I'm interested in hearing how you do in CMH. I've got a business trip there in April and was planning on bringing my camera. I was scouting out locations from the usual resources and heard about the spotting area off of 28L. I figure that will be a bit ackward without a vehicle. Let us know how it works out!