Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATL Renaissance Offering Aviation Geek Weekend

Re: ATL Renaissance Offering Aviation Geek Weekend

Matt, at work now dealing with the lovely LGA and JFK weather tonight on our Delta system.

And I will send you a response tomorrow when I am off.

How is the train yard in Sunnyside? Still pretty active? I used to live byu there

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Quote Originally Posted by crj200dispatcher
    Matt, at work now dealing with the lovely LGA and JFK weather tonight on our Delta system.

And I will send you a response tomorrow when I am off.

How is the train yard in Sunnyside? Still pretty active? I used to live byu there
    Sunnyside is still there, as big of a mess as ever! Haha. Q Tower still running the show. They're finally installing concrete ties, working on clearances, but still a mess.

Speaking of a mess, yea Metro NYC wasn't any fun last night. This afternoon was a kick too. Lots of cloud to ground lightning and the rain was coming down hard. Cleared up enough though to see the Continental departures from EWR climbing from the living room window.

To stay on topic though, rooms at ATL are going fast for this year with and without the discount. If anyone's planning on going, reserve quick. Same for EWR. Couple of friends and I are thinking of taking a local weekend to watch the Thanksgiving travel madness, and rooms are thin for obvious reasons.
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

I am dispatching DL Conx flights 6054 CMH-LGA and 6147 CMH-JFK (operated by Chautauqua Airlines)
    6054 is finally enroute to LGA after a 322 minute delay and 6147 is still sitting in CMH with a Ground Stop to JFK now and a update of 930pm (and I am working overtime why???)

I see alot of holding right now at JFK.

So back on topic, Matt are you talking rooms by the EWR airport that are thin?

Matt, will you be flying out of LGA/EWR to ATL, if out of EWR, I could possibly try to route my flights through EWR on the 11'th deppending on passenger loads since I will be flying standby. I requested an early check in at the hotel and a high floor.

So right now it will be myself, a fellow spotter from Columbus, Ohio and yourself. And then 3 spotters who live in ATL will come over to spot. If you do a live search map, instead of spending outlandish money for room service and drinks (soda or alcohol), it appears we can walk a couple blocks and there are some fast food places and a Citgo station we can by refreshments. If that is alright with you?

Also, I need my coffee in the morning, so if I am snarling and not talking first thing in the morning you know why :twisted:

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Quote Originally Posted by crj200dispatcher
    So back on topic, Matt are you talking rooms by the EWR airport that are thin?

Matt, will you be flying out of LGA/EWR to ATL, if out of EWR, I could possibly try to route my flights through EWR on the 11'th deppending on passenger loads since I will be flying standby. I requested an early check in at the hotel and a high floor.

So right now it will be myself, a fellow spotter from Columbus, Ohio and yourself. And then 3 spotters who live in ATL will come over to spot. If you do a live search map, instead of spending outlandish money for room service and drinks (soda or alcohol), it appears we can walk a couple blocks and there are some fast food places and a Citgo station we can by refreshments. If that is alright with you?

Also, I need my coffee in the morning, so if I am snarling and not talking first thing in the morning you know why :twisted:
    Watching the Ramsey, NJ ACARS server, and DL is all over us here tonight.

For the end of the year, say late September on yes. Anytime before that looks good. I'm specifically aiming for the Thanksgiving circus for a second local vacation. Always fun to watch, not so fun to fly. :D

Yessir! Out of EWR. Easier for me than LGA or JFK. I can spit at it from here. Only about 1mi as the crow flies. Listening to a whole lot of departures shaking my windows tonight actually. hehe. And no argue with the snacks and such. I'm a big guy, but I really don't eat all that much so no big deal. As for the coffee....I'm a trucker...trust me...even though I hate coffee I know the caffeine addiction well!

Check your Pm's btw. Responded, and sent a second of stuff on the Acars server of a DL variety.
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

if I had all the EWR/LGA/JFK flights on my Flight Explorer we use here at work to flight follow, I would not be able to see most of the east coast....lol

I thought I was lucky when I lived in Sunnyside on the approach to runway 4 at LGA, but one mile from EWR, I would kill..LOL Like I said I am a CO fanatic, and never tire of watching them, and usually I Dispatch on our COEX division, but tonight the DL system, and this JFK flight now has wheels up time of 1030pm and the captain is whining, his first and only round trip today, how he is not going to get home now until 3am, well we have 50 passengers in JFK who pay his salary who would also like to see home tonight, so I do not feel sorry for him and he is legal to fly into tomorrow afternoon.

These are the days though I miss living in New York and listening to my scanner and all the flights inbound and holding instructions, I loved it