Thread: N130U

N130U

About 10:10 last night (2-27) helicopter N130U contacted FRG as they departed Nassau PD Air Bureau base. They headed out south and checked out. Not sure if they contacted JFK tower. So I looked this ship up on Landings but not registered and on the FAA site it is listed as a deregistered aircraft being sent to the UK and not even a helo.
    Just curious who the visitor was. Thanks.

Re: N130U

Theres a N130RU that flies for Liberty Helicopter's out of LDJ. Maybe thats the one?

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    Theres a N130RU that flies for Liberty Helicopter's out of LDJ. Maybe thats the one?
    Could be though I only heard "Uniform" and not "Romeo Uniform" though sometimes pilots omit a # or letter. I
    read on a forum that they do this sometimes to confuse noise activists who might be listening in on a scanner
    and will copy down N #s so they can make complaints.

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    It's owned by Meridian Consulting. It's a fire-engine red Eurocopter AS350B2. I see it over US 1/9 all the time. They fly from all over to ACY frequently. My understanding is they're some kind of aviation consulting group that leases a bunch of their aircraft to tour companies and commuter jobs, but sometimes acts as a middle man in aircraft sales. One of my buddies said they also make a ton of trips to wine and dine potential new clientele.
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous