Thread: Trying to ID plane from WN

Trying to ID plane from WN

I was driving back from dropping son off at daycare and saw a WN bird taking off from TPA. It had the front half white in color with a red star and what appeared to be some type of big cat in the middle colored brown and the rear of the bird was regular WN colors. Anyone have a picture of this bird or the name of the plane ?

Re: Tryiong to ID plane from WN

I'll venture a guess that it was California One.

Re: Trying to ID plane from WN

Yeperoooonie's !!!!!

That is a very cool plane indeed.

When I was working in STL for WN and I happened to see that this plane was scheduled to fly PHX-LAS, I jumped on the next flight STL-PHX, to fly the california one bird :D

It was worth it!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T

When I was working in STL for WN and I happened to see that this plane was scheduled to fly PHX-LAS, I jumped on the next flight STL-PHX, to fly the california one bird :D

It was worth it!

Alex
    Not to burst your bubble, but what made it worth it? Was something different about the interior?...the service?

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex T

It was worth it!

Alex
    Not to burst your bubble, but what made it worth it? Was something different about the interior?...the service?
    Quite honestly it was a personal thrill for me to fly a special color scheme plane for WN, being the WN Fan and Nut I am. I like to track all the special planes I have been on and when I saw the chance to get on Cali One, I took it.

Interior and service wise no its pretty much exactly the same. I have been on Kitty Hawk, 3 times, California One, Maryland One (twice), Silver One, I am missing quite a few tho, Lonestar one, Arizona One, Maryland One, Slam Dunk One,and of course Shamu!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!