Thread: Ghost of Eastern 401

Ghost of Eastern 401

Eastern Airlines Flight 401 crashed into the Everglades back in 1972 (LINK), and some of its parts were used on other aircraft, which apparently caused some hauntings.

Instead of pasting it all, I thought I would just let you folks read the first post on the below link to read about some of the hauntings. Wild stuff.

http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/forum/in ... topic=2483
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Ghost of Eastern 401

They made a movie about this as well, typical 70s style but interesting indeed.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Unlike many of you, I'm old enough to remember when Eastern 401 crashed, as well as the various stories about ghosts that followed. I read the book when it came out (The Ghost of Flight 401, it was later made into the movie of the same name). It's an interesting story, and since I'm predisposed to believe at least some of that stuff, and given the reports have come from people like flight and cabin crews, I think there was probably something to it.

I have a cousin (several times removed that I really don't know well) on that flilght. My grandmother actually dropped him and his new wife off at the airport for the flight. He survived, she didn't.

Interesting link about the crash, with a video. The first page there explains some of the final minutes of the men who apparently became ghosts. Very eerie story. :(

EDIT: Forgot to add the link: http://www.miamiherald.com/multimedia/n ... escue.html

Sorry to hear about your cousin's wife, Andrew.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Sorry to hear about your cousin's wife, Andrew.
    Thanks, Phil. I never knew her since this all happened before I was born.