Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LGA Heads-Up - AA A300 (Update: Back Again!)

Re: AA A300 Enroute to LGA!!!!

I just caught it on take off, just now, but it turned out to be a big (F) for me, it turned left too early and my camera was on Av so the shot came out crapy...
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

I was already at LGA this morning and couldn't go home to get my camera, so I watched it land from far away, and then I took a walk over to Planeview to watch it takeoff.

If blocked-out a few minutes late, and didn't get to the runway (rwy 4) until 1300. I never thought such an ugly plane could look so nice at LGA!

Question though; what is the tow-bar situation for this aircraft? I assume that LGA doesn't have an A300 bar on-hand, but it would be easily tossed into the belly of the plane since it was an equip sub and probably had extra room. Also, there was a bit of time between block-out and when he started rolling on his own, but I couldn't see the ramp. I was thinking that maybe they pushed back, but before engine start, they opened the cargo hold and put the tow-bar back in. Many hunches there, can anyone shed light?

Awaiting your photos, Serg!

(Omar....sorry I created a 2nd thread...I was on my blackberry when I heard and didn't notice yours in the listing already!)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Talk about a day late...I was at LGA yesterday!!!!!! :!: :evil:

Anyway, this is the second time that an AA Bus has been to LGA since I can remember. I know its happened a couple other times. The last one was around 2005-2006 and it came in from MIA and ferried to BDL. The Bus has to park on D10 because it is the only gate they can get the nose in far enough and not stick out too far.

As far as the tow bar goes, IIRC, the Bus shares the same tow bar as one of the other planes as I asked last time and was told they had one at LGA. Todays flight was weight restricted on the outbound probably due to the aircrafts weight on the piers.

I hope someone got some form of pictures!!!!
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I was already at LGA this morning and couldn't go home to get my camera, so I watched it land from far away, and then I took a walk over to Planeview to watch it takeoff.

If blocked-out a few minutes late, and didn't get to the runway (rwy 4) until 1300. I never thought such an ugly plane could look so nice at LGA!

Question though; what is the tow-bar situation for this aircraft? I assume that LGA doesn't have an A300 bar on-hand, but it would be easily tossed into the belly of the plane since it was an equip sub and probably had extra room. Also, there was a bit of time between block-out and when he started rolling on his own, but I couldn't see the ramp. I was thinking that maybe they pushed back, but before engine start, they opened the cargo hold and put the tow-bar back in. Many hunches there, can anyone shed light?

Awaiting your photos, Serg!

(Omar....sorry I created a 2nd thread...I was on my blackberry when I heard and didn't notice yours in the listing already!)

Here are my shots I tried to get but it was a FAIL!!!

Sergio Cardona

Well I like the shots. You documented what will probably be the last A300 to go to LGA. Frame it!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Sergio, you at least proved it was here, thanks for the effort. To bad we where not landing 22 this morning, you could have probably done well.

I would have loved to have gotten it today but had other (being a father) priorites, such a beautiful day to.

One word of caution, flightaware is showing an A-300 again tommorow on the same flights, that is just a flightaware programing thing, my contact at AA LGA Ops says it was just for today, due to 3 broken 757's in MIA.

Regards

LGA777

Just to add to AA777's coments, about 10 years ago there where around 5-8 AA A-300 ops at LGA over a 3 or 4 day period due to some sort of AA work action at JFK, can't remember the details, think it had something to do with AA JFK Mtc folks.

Regards

LGA777

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Anyone see the irony of the soon to be gone fleet of A300's saving the day for the broken 757s?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Well guys we are getting a second chance. I looked up a little while ago to see an AA A-300 touch down in front of me on 31.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1530

I spoke to a very helpful young lady at the AA LGA Tower and she informed me that it will be departing LGA Monday morning as AA 2091 to MIA at 0735. It should be cold but sunny, based on forecasted winds LGA could be departing 31 or 4.

Regards

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Well guys we are getting a second chance. I looked up a little while ago to see an AA A-300 touch down in front of me on 31.

I spoke to a very helpful young lady at the AA LGA Tower and she informed me that it will be departing LGA Monday morning as AA 2091 to MIA at 0735. It should be cold but sunny, based on forecasted winds LGA could be departing 31 or 4.

Regards

LGA777
    pics of said young lady...

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777

Regards

LGA777
    Ouch!! I hope im up early to catch it.. And Im hoping it departs on rwy 4

Sergio Cardona

Re: LGA Heads-Up - AA A300 (Update: Back Again!)

The A-300 ended up going tech at LGA. It finally cancelled early afternoon and ferried to JFK around 1600. The climb off of 4 was quite impressive.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL9648

LGA777

Re: LGA Heads-Up - AA A300 (Update: Back Again!)

Ahh, back to JFK where she belongs...