Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTA Employee Arrested for "Unlawful Photography" in Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    I attended the Coney Island Costume Parade last week and was told that I was not allowed to take photos of kids; even if they are wearing masks. While this has nothing to do with aviation, I felt it is pertinent to the topic that sadly we photographers are all under-suspicion. Last week, the guy sitting next to me was sketching my face. Should I have called a cop? This is the land of the free? My grocery guy who comes from Yemen, says he sees people all the time taking photos at Sanaa International Airport. However, if you photograph a woman, you will be arrested!
    If I saw someone that I didn't know taking pictures of my son, wearing a mask or not I would not be happy with that person. It's one thing to take pictures of planes or trains and a totally other situation when you start taking pictures of people, especially children.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    If I saw someone that I didn't know taking pictures of my son, wearing a mask or not I would not be happy with that person. It's one thing to take pictures of planes or trains and a totally other situation when you start taking pictures of people, especially children.
    The kid is dressed up in costume, in a Halloween Parade, and you would be upset that they are taking his photo? Just keep him in the house if you are that paranoid...

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Well the other week in Central Park there were at least a few dozen people taking pictures of my son blowing bubbles. If I like it or not, it is irrelevant being that we were in a public place. If I was elsewhere walking thru the park, it is still irrelevant as we were in public. It does not matter how I feel, the law says that people can do it, with or without a mask.

On a side note, I think my pictures came out better than theirs anyway! ;)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I am a Transit employee myself (Conductor) and like most of you mentioned it is well documented that you can take all the pictures you want as long as you are not using a tripod. Although irrelevant, if this guy was in his uniform the cops may have never even bothered him. I think it's ridiculous that they continued to harass this guy after providing a Transit ID. Transit cops should know better...we all work together.

Anyhow...good to see he won his case.