Thread: Selling my own pictures

Selling my own pictures

In the future I would like to sell my aviation pictures once I work on getting a good photoshop, If I was to see my pictures, Where and how can I sell them? I would like to start out by 8x10 photos. Any help would be best
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Program Coordinator

Re: Selling my own pictures

It's really hard to do in my experiences so far. I get requests from jetphotos to sell about once a month lately - and about the same from my pbase account. You could go for a smugmug or zenfolio - but even though it's hard to get exposure and they cost more than I take it per year typically. I don't know enough to build my own site...
    It's also tough to identify a selling base for your work...who do you want to sell to and how do you market yourself to those people? And how does your marketing and advertising look (aka, how is your grassroots stuff likes fliers at a local board or library, how versatile and professional is your website, how do you sell to corporations, etc)? I'm struggling with this quite a bit myself
    My other photography is very slowly gaining traction up here in the NW - and I'm getting asked to do some work for my employer and also some people stuff like engagements, weddings, etc. I've found that travels best by word of mouth if you do a good job. I've found with many professions it's almost all in who you know.

But the planes and stock photos are what I love most -
    So I guess I'm wondering too what's the best way to get your name out there and sell shots?

Re: Selling my own pictures

good point
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15