Thread: American A300 Retirement Scheduled for August 2009

American A300 Retirement Scheduled for August 2009

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted sooner but come August 2009 our old friend the American A300 will be retired after many years of flight.

American has been slowly retiring their A300 fleet and replacing them by 757-200, 767-300, and 737-800 aircraft on routes to the Caribbean and Miami.

The last arrival will be as follows: AA972 MIA-JFK 24AUG at 9:00PM/arr 12:05AM + 1

I've flown many hours on the American A300 fleet going to and from the Caribbean and to Miami and as a passenger I have to say I'm glad they will be finally retired. As an aviation enthusiast it will be a sad sight to see them go.

I'll get one last chance to fly on the A300 this March when I do JFK-SJU-DOM, SLU-SJU-JFK.

Re: American A300 Retirement Scheduled for August 2009

Ive flown AA A300 a number of times, its gonna be a memory, and the end of passenger A300s in the USA
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

I have flown AA A-300 many times, even twice JFK - LHR. The shortest flight I had on AA A-300 was MIA-MCO.

With all my trips to SDQ I know the AA A-300's well, probably had at least 12 rides on them, at least half where 3 or more hours late as AA has had more than their share of MTC problems with them. What some may not realize for many years they have been the largest aircraft in AA's fleet in terms of capacity, due to it's very small premium cabin.

And as far as the last flight info in Aug, this could change as I can gurantee AA's August schedules are likely months from being finalized, I would guess May at the earliest.

Regards

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    I'm surprised this hasn't been posted sooner but come August 2009 our old friend the American A300 will be retired after many years of flight.
    It was but that's ok. :)

http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/rumor- ... 04937.html
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I think I've on them twice, but I know for sure I flew on one from EWR to SJU.

It will abit sad to see them go. I have not one photo of an A300. I better get on that soon then.
    Pablo Maneiro Jr.
    TTMG Executive Officer/Media Crew
    Visit Us on the Web @ www.ttmg.org