Thread: What runway did G-BOAD land on ?

What runway did G-BOAD land on ?

On 10 Nov 2003 G-BOAD left LHR for the last time to fly to JFK, does any one know what runway G-BOAD landed on at JFK at what time did she land ?

Also on 23 Oct 2003 the last commercial flight of Concorde left LHR to fly to JFK does any one know what runway that flight landed on and what she landed ?

Re: What runway did G-BOAD land on ?

Not positive Jetinder, but I seem to recall, from 2nd hand sources, it was 31R for the last arrival in November.

You didn't ask, but for what its worth, I believe the first SST Arrival ever at JFK was on 4L. I was there to see that. :D

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Not positive Jetinder, but I seem to recall, from 2nd hand sources, it was 31R for the last arrival in November.

You didn't ask, but for what its worth, I believe the first SST Arrival ever at JFK was on 4L. I was there to see that. :D

Tom
    ahem, someone is showing age there..lol

Hi Tom_Turner

Thanks for letting me know, i really appreciate it :)

On 3 Nov 2003 G-BOAG (The Concorde now in seattle) left heathrow to fly to JFK, at JFK do you know which runway she landed on ?

On 5 Nov 2003 G-BOAG left JFK to fly to Seattle, do you know which runway she used at JFK to fly to Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner

Tom
    ahem, someone is showing age there..lol
    I know.. its terrible.... :shock: but at least I was in school at the time..or supposed to be.. :D

tt
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder

On 5 Nov 2003 G-BOAG left JFK to fly to Seattle, do you know which runway she used at JFK to fly to Seattle.
    took off from 31L, I was out there. Couldn't see a thing that day(thick fog), but heard it.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder

took off from 31L, I was out there. Couldn't see a thing that day(thick fog), but heard it.
    Hi eric8669

Thanks for letting me know, i appreciate your help :)

Correct, it was Rwy 31L. I was also somewhere out there when G-BOAG left JFK for Seattle. JFK was covered in fog. She did depart from Rwy 31L but photos were nearly impossible. The final ever Concorde arrival for G-BOAD was indeed on Rwy 31R. This was on Nov. 10, 2003, early afternoon. I'll never forget as a group of us were waiting patiently by a fence and got harrassed by PA officers as usual. They purposely used 31R for arrival so it could taxi-off and go directly to Terminal 7 where reporters and cameras were waiting. The captain opened his window and waved both the US and UK flags. A very sad day indeed. The final Air France Concorde flights, on the other hand, which I recall were in May 2003, I'm not certain of the runways.

The final Air France departure was off 31L, and, as I remember it, took a nice low, long track over Howard Beach proper. One last rattle to windows and dishes to say goodbye maybe? :D

From the video & pictures I've seen the last scheduled BA departure on 31L was a high climb and normal to early bank...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"