Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2009

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly2e
    We do know that a hurricane hunter c-130 will come may 5 to KFRG.
    Is this still correct?
    Now wouldnt it be ironic if it was cancelled due to bad weather?
    :)
    haha, unless it gets really bad I doubt they will cancel, does anyone know what they mean by event?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70
    If there is any overflow, lets hope it goes to ISP as JFK doesn't give you a lot of good viewing opportunities...
    ISP is worse. It seems open and friendly, but the SCPD does NOT like people hanging around the fences, and "rolls the equipment" immediately when someone is spotted, heaven forbid they have a camera with them. A few members here can testify to that.
    If you ask the right people that may not happen
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

http://www.warbirdsoverlongisland.com/

The warbirds say their mission will continue! But does anyone have word on the replacement?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I think you are reading too much into that. I believe that it should read more like "Chris will continue to educate others on our rich aviation heritage. They sold the T-6 texan a while ago but still have the Stearman. Unfortunately Vinny has passed and he was the one who flew that...

I could not see them replacing Bob, it was not really like that. It was Bob who aquired all the aircraft and started Warbirds over Long Island and got to fly with his son after he came home from active service. Even IF I could talk to Chris about this, I would not.

I am going to be a mess the first time I see the P-51 fly again.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

John Klatt has withdraw from appearing... don't know why yet.

Is “Glamorous Gal” a Warbirds over Long Island aircraft or is it an AAM aircraft? Where is it hangered/displayed?

I ask because I saw pics from one of last weekends HF and it was the Glamorous Gal, just curious who flew her.

One of, if not my favorite birds.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

"Glamorous Gal" belongs to Warbirds Over Long Island, based out of Brookhaven, although she appears at most of the AAM events during the year. In the past, I've seen Ed Shipley fly her for HF, such as at McGuire last year:

Quote:
    It will be a NOAA P-3, but yes, it's still scheduled.
    Good morning. Any word on what time she might be landing?
    I brought my gear to my office so I can pop over there if I get a confirmation..
    Thanks!!
    Dave

Dave,

We all seem to be asking the same question in two different threads, LOL.

Fred
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Dave,
    We all seem to be asking the same question in two different threads, LOL.
    Fred
    Thanks Fred! :D
    Found the other thread...

Moose,

Snort flew her at McGuire and at Jones Beach last year. Shipley is not in the Heritage Flight program (I'll tell you the story sometime), and ACC says the HF this year is the A-10 & three P-51s. Wonder what that means..........

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    Moose,

Snort flew her at McGuire and at Jones Beach last year. Shipley is not in the Heritage Flight program (I'll tell you the story sometime), and ACC says the HF this year is the A-10 & three P-51s. Wonder what that means..........
    Thanks, Steve, I guess I heard that wrong. I did hear Snort flew her at Jones Beach last year. I wonder if the HF deal means that the A-10 will fly with the Horsemen team.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    Moose,

Thanks, Steve, I guess I heard that wrong. I did hear Snort flew her at Jones Beach last year. I wonder if the HF deal means that the A-10 will fly with the Horsemen team.

I thought Ship flew her at Jones Beach last year?

I do know that after the HF, she didn't come back to FRG. Must have headed out to Brookhaven I guess.

Do they have their own hanger out there or are they just in the mix with everybody else?
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Last year
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Oops... my mistake! That is Shipley!

EDIT: Got my names wrong... during that three-week span last year, Glamorous Gal was in three different Heritage Flights, flown by two different pilots:

Andrews AFB: F-15E, F-22, QF-4E, P-51 (Snort)
    Jones Beach: F-22, P-51 (Shipley)
    McGuire AFB: F-15E, F-16, P-51 (Snort)

I'm almost 100% certain that Snort will be flying the Heritage Flight next weekend at Andrews. Which Mustang - remains to be seen. Won't know for sure until that very weekend. The Horsemen are in Chino that weekend flying an all-F8F Bearcat routine and maybe also the Mustang routine.

As far as the Heritage Flight at Jones Beach this year... I'm going to ask about it. Shipley was not at the Heritage Flight Conference and therefore is not recognized as a HF pilot this year. I know some drama went down that caused him to rescind from flying HFs in the later part of last year (the subject of which is not to be mentioned here or anywhere for that matter, but I will gladly be able to tell the story that I heard in private), so that makes me wonder...