Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily LGA Report 2009

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Daily LGA Report 2009

26 Jan

wow, can't believe we've gone alomst a month without a unique visitor here. however, USCG C-37A serial #01 is parked at 5-towers when i pulled into the employee lot today. we are departin 31 but i haven't seen her leave yet.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Daily LGA Report 2009

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    26 Jan

wow, can't believe we've gone alomst a month without a unique visitor here. however, USCG C-37A serial #01 is parked at 5-towers when i pulled into the employee lot today. we are departin 31 but i haven't seen her leave yet.
    Yes its been painfully slow in the NYC area lately

02 February

the gem (VP-BDJ) is now back home at LGA after doing a lot of, most likely, superbowl-related flying and finally returned to LGA in the wee hours of the morning. there's also mini-fleet of NetJets airplanes parked over at 5-towers. i counted 3 citation X's, a citation excel and gulfstream IV.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

03 Feb

well it may have been the 4th already but i was only leaving work so it's still the 3rd but who cares. new DAL colors A320. no idea what the reg was, it was dark and my truck was covered in a ton of ice.

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    03 Feb

well it may have been the 4th already but i was only leaving work so it's still the 3rd but who cares. new DAL colors A320. no idea what the reg was, it was dark and my truck was covered in a ton of ice.
    I responded with it in the PHL 31 Jan 09 thread, but here it is for this one:
    N314US A320-211 MSN:160 - First Flight 01/14/1991 Test Reg: F-WWDZ
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

FEB 4

DL A319 N348NB was here today.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

did anyone capture her???
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Saturday Feb 7: The first NW A-319 in the new DL scheme made a visit today, not her first but the first for me. I found the A-320 very boring, to much white. As I expected, the 319 is not as bad, as there is less all white airplane, but the same amount of trim. If you look closely at the below photo, there is small writing under windows that are beneath the reg, it says "Operated by Northwest Airlines".

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6473262

It appears to be in the same place on the A-320, while this is standard practice in a pre merger it seems like an odd place to put it, usually it is right by the main cabin door so it is visible to boarding passengers in the jetway, similiar to US's current Heritage logo.

Cheers

LGA777

Ron,

It could be worse it could be SHINY , BARE METAL , get my drift ?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Another fun day at LGA is on hand. Peak wind got up to 49 kts and there appears to be tons of cancellations and diversions. A check of flight aware shows AA 398 ORD-LGA diverting into SYR after not being able to land at LGA. After taking back off from SYR it appears to have tried 2 or 3 more times to land at LGA before diverting to BOS....ouch :!:

Also an AA 767-300 is inbound from MIA as AA 2088 and back out to MIA as AA 1621
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777
    A check of flight aware shows AA 398 ORD-LGA diverting into SYR after not being able to land at LGA. After taking back off from SYR it appears to have tried 2 or 3 more times to land at LGA before diverting to BOS....ouch :!:
    That's nuts. AA is now showing the ETA as 4:23, a solid 7 1/2 hours late.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

13 Feb

N922WN (WN 73G in the new Sports Illistrated Swimsuit issue scheme) returned from LAS, she landed on 31 at dusk then departed about 45 mins later on 4 for BWI. That's quite a special scheme.

LGA777

14 Feb

Saw a rare site at the DL terminal today around 1230, two special schemes parked side by side. The pink 757 was on Gate 4 (nice touch for Valentines Day) with the Comair CRJ-900 in their 30th Anniversary scheme parked right in front on Gate 2, would have made a neat shot. Later they taxied out together and departed one behind the other, nice job Delta.

Later on 767-332 N124DE returned, was here also on Thursday, replacing the scheduled 757 on a turn from and to ATL, no doubt due to heavy loads with the long weekend and school break next week.

At about 1930 my favorite BBJ arrived, N888TY and as of 1300 Sunday was still parked at 5 Towers, such a "Beauty".

Regards

LGA777

Also AA came with a 763 this morning as well
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

16 Feb

Trump returned from PBI around 1630, second week in a row he came home in daylight on a Monday afternoon instead of the usual Sunday night in darkness. Crew really greased the landing, so smooth looking and the nose was barely raised, what a beautiful sight.

LGA777