Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily LGA Report 2009

Southwest Airlines pending LGA Service

With service scheduled to begin later this month, any chance of early "proving" flights showing up in the next couple of weeks???

Re: Southwest Airlines pending LGA Service

Quote Originally Posted by JHNA57
    With service scheduled to begin later this month, any chance of early "proving" flights showing up in the next couple of weeks???
    I am guessing you are talking about WN?

If you are proving flights are done when an airline starts flying a new type of aircraft for the first time, not a airline to a new city.

I would imagine their first flight will be on 6-28, and their will be experienced WN station folks from other stations at LGA to help their LGA station co-workers the first week or two.

Regards

LGA777

Re: Daily LGA Report 2009

03 June

0900L NW DC-9-51 N786NC in new DL scheme (equipment sub)
    also AC Jazz CRJ-705 C-FLJZ (Gold Scheme). This now on the first
    YUL-LGA-YUL turn for AC, arrives 0813, departs 0850 Daily.

Regards

LGA777

04 June

Not one but two Compass E-175's, one is only operating for a few days, the other 1713 arrival, 1759 departure will be operating all summer. After only a few months of NW using Compass on the same turn from DTW it went back to a DC-9, but now it's back. Don't worry though, NW still flies the good olde 9 to LGA.

N757SS departed for Hanscon Field in Bedford, Mass taking the Texas Rangers up for their weekend playing the Red Sox, tuff road trip but their ride sure is sweet, only 71 seats in that 757 !

Cheers

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Not one but two Compass E-175's, one is only operating for a few days, the other 1713 arrival, 1759 departure will be operating all summer. After only a few months of NW using Compass on the same turn from DTW it went back to a DC-9, but now it's back. Don't worry though, NW still flies the good olde 9 to LGA.
    sorry, i gotta disagree. the diesel nine is nice and loud and all, but i love me a jungle jet!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

05 June

Lately it often seems if we get two noteworthy visitors here a day it is at the same time, well it happened again today.

The first departed to her home base in SJC. Falcon 7X N273JC, the same reg was on the owners Falcon 2000 until the new bird arrived, here are two shots of her, note the locations, she really gets around.

As the Falcon departed CO brought in N75410, a wingletted 737-924, something we have not seen here since the 900's where wingletted, on an equipment sub replacing the scheduled 738 !

Cheers

LGA777

I love those Falcon 7X's - I hadn't seen one until I caught it at PBI - the wingspan on those birds is huge!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

07 July

1300L
    after sleeping out on the deck last night (by my own choice) i had to drag myself in to work this afternoon. N129QS brightened my afternoon, she's parked here at 5-towers.
    1500L
    N118HQ (RPA EMB-175) departed to CLT wearing an all-new, all-white rudder. N805MD (RPA EMB-170) arrived from SAV, wearing the rudder off of her sister ship 118.
    1950L
    N357NB is taxiing out for departure, she’s a NWA 319 hiding in DAL colors.
    2050L
    ACA’s C-FFWN is just leaving the alley, she’s the “Symphony of Voices”.

all in all, it was a quiet day here at LGA. in any case i'm looking forward to finishing that botle of wine and getting some much-desired shut-eye...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Hey Matt,
    N129QS is currently enroute KLGA-LFSB / Base-Mulhouse , France ETA 0821z / 0421am NY time...

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R
    Hey Matt,
    N129QS is currently enroute KLGA-LFSB / Base-Mulhouse , France ETA 0821z / 0421am NY time...

Darrell
    thanks Darrell! i thought she left but wasn't sure. i was a little pre-ocupied while i was in the parking lot. then the prospect of Cherry Valley came up and i just didn't see stop signs anymore...

Ah man. Cherry Valley. Great stuff. I am glad I am not the only one who has a deep appreciation for their food.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

8 June

1605L

USAF C-40 just departed rwy 13.
    1710L
    N377NB is taxiing to her gate, second DAL A320 of the day.

11 June

We got the visitor of the week tonight, despite 200 foot ceilings and 1/4 mile vis in fog I spotted something familiar but not normal peaking out of the fog towards me on Alpha, for the first time I am aware of in at least a year Delta returned the 764 to LGA, in the form of N830MH, operating an ATL-LGA-ATL turn replacing the scheduled 757 and about 2 hours late.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1793

I had forgotten how big they look from the office, on departure the gear had not even started to retract when she dissapeared into the mist and fog.

Thanks Delta

LGA777

11 June

We got the visitor of the week tonight, despite 200 foot ceilings and 1/4 mile vis in fog I spotted something familiar but not normal peaking out of the fog towards me on Alpha, for the first time I am aware of in at least a year Delta returned the 764 to LGA, in the form of N830MH, operating an ATL-LGA-ATL turn replacing the scheduled 757 and about 2 hours late.
    damn... of course they did this on a day when i, the part-timer, was away from the office.

11 June
    LGA777
    Sweeet.

FlightAware seems to have it down for tomorrow as well...we'll see if that sticks. (Delta.com flight status lists a 757 for tomorrow).
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9