Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily LGA Report 2009

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Daily LGA Report 2009

21 April

N588LS was in town today, she's the Las Vegas Sands G-IV SP. i think she's still parked at 5-towers.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

22 April

1130L
    VP-BDJ is back home. N752MA is parked right next door again, second time this week she's visited. N752MA is the Miami Air 737-400.
    1735L
    a little and unique visitor taxieed past the office just now, N133DB is a red and white Mooney 20.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    22 April

1130L
    VP-BDJ is back home. N752MA is parked right next door again, second time this week she's visited. N752MA is the Miami Air 737-400.
    1735L
    a little and unique visitor taxieed past the office just now, N133DB is a red and white Mooney 20.
    N752MA was in town for the Washington Capitals (playing the Rangers).

Friday April 24
    The Donald's B727 rocketed off Rwy 13 approx 16:45 today. For once I had my camera with me at the right time. Sometime in the next 6 weeks I might get it processed.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Friday April 24
    The Donald's B727 rocketed off Rwy 13 approx 16:45 today. For once I had my camera with me at the right time. Sometime in the next 6 weeks I might get it processed.
    wow, to what do we owe the honor? flying out john? i was too mesmerized my BDJ's climb to remember to post this. (also spent a whole lot of time kicking myself for not having a cam on a day like today...)

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Friday April 24
    wow, to what do we owe the honor? flying out john? i was too mesmerized my BDJ's climb to remember to post this. (also spent a whole lot of time kicking myself for not having a cam on a day like today...)
    Not flying, training over at FSI, will be there until Memorial Day. Stopped by the GCP overpass on the way home, snapped a few pics. I was about to leave before it took off, but something inside said, just stay for one more. For once, I was in the right place, at the right time.

...and here she is:

27 April

1300L
    there is an all-white B737-300 parked at 5-towers next to VP-BDJ. from where i parked i wasn't able to see a reg, but i believe it to be US-registered.
    2300L
    there's a CBP AS350 at LGA spending the night, N4048L.

edit:
    i have a feeling the all-white 737 is actually N735MA, the miami heat 737-400 minus titles or logo. the light wasn't great when i drove by for a look, and i couldn't see the reg through the fence either. she had a dark belly, but i couldn't tell if it was black or blue.

John, GREAT shot!!!!!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    John, GREAT shot!!!!!
    gotta agree with Mr Derner... glad you listened to the voice in your head!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    John, GREAT shot!!!!!
    gotta agree with Mr Derner... glad you listened to the voice in your head!
    I third that.

The Miami Air jet probably delivered the Marlins for their series with the Mets.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Today saw Pink Delta and an AA 763.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Just saw DL 757 with winglets in old colors
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

April 30th

Trump VP-BDJ made it back home from Dulles after a 2hr 20min delay.

Also Half hour after I left soundview from spotting I saw an Air Canada A321 approaching 22...
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

01 May

1515L
    while waiting for the bus to take me to the terminal i got to watch an ACA 767-300 roaring off 31 and up into the soup.
    1645L
    JBU's N535JB, the T-5 logojet, is here waiting for a gate to open.
    1835L
    N702TW graced us with her presence, she's taxiing past the office now. i just wish that the winglets were installed when she was in the white, gold and red paint.

1515L
    while waiting for the bus to take me to the terminal i got to watch an ACA 767-300 roaring off 31 and up into the soup.
    I caught that too while I was waiting for the train in Astoria.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That AC 767-3YO/ER was quite an upgrade, it operated AC 715 to YYZ that was scheduled to be an E-175.

This particuliar Boeing was here a month or two ago and I comented on it's poor appearance, and today it looked even worse, and there is a photo from about 10 days ago that gives a little idea of how C-GHPF looks.

Note the left bottom of the Maple leaf, the big multiple dirt smudges under and around the Buisness class windows, and although it's not so noticable in this photo, the whole right side of the aircraft had a very dinghy appearance.

Around 5 hours later Air Canada treated us to another 763, this ex Canadian bird was still in the white hybrid scheme but at least this one was clean. Here she is landing in ZRH almost 1 year ago, reg is C-GEOU F/N 648.

Thanks Air Canada

LGA777