Thread: KLGA and KJFK 012509 (TEN photos!)

KLGA and KJFK 012509 (TEN photos!)

Anyone can tell me what is wrong with the first picture?? Look carefully....

ATIS said "birds in vicinity of airport...."

This is a REFLECTION in icy water at Bayswater Park

It started to get windy on 22L approach

...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Re: KLGA and KJFK 012509 (TEN photos!)

Quote Originally Posted by N75715
    Is that a plane on approach to 22?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

no, it's not a plane. I was standing inside the MALSF approach lights on 4, pre-sunrise.
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Sensor dust spots?

LOL..... nope, although there may be a couple pesky spots that I will have to deal with

idk, aircraft approaching from 31R end?

nope - 13-31 were closed early AM. HINT: It has to do with the approach lights themselves.

A bulb is out on the light tower at 12 o'clock in the photo.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

looks to me theres 4 lights instead of five on the right approach lights while the rest has all five on.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

And we have TWO WINNERS!

Nice observation the both of you! That's it. Actually, I did not notice that until I was walking to my car, enroute to JFK. Then I double-checked my camera and sure enough - bulb burned out.... I bet none of the pilots even noticed. Who looks there? Their eyes are on the PAPI and their instruments.

And we have TWO WINNERS!

Nice observation the both of you! That's it. Actually, I did not notice that until I was walking to my car, enroute to JFK. Then I double-checked my camera and sure enough - bulb burned out.... I bet none of the pilots even noticed. Who looks there? Their eyes are on the PAPI and their instruments.
    I'll bring it up tommorrow, thanks for noting...