Thread: Trip report: Jetblue JFK-BUF (+pics)

Trip report: Jetblue JFK-BUF (+pics)

JetBlue JFK-BUF Friday Jan 2 2009

We arrived at JetBlue’s new terminal 5 a little before 5, for our 6:40 flight to Buffalo . Security provided about an average wait time, which surprised me considering the hour.

I was traveling extremely light, with only my phone, ipod, camera and coat, not even a backpack.

We entered the new terminal and took a look around. I was surprised to see it filled with so many people. It was not crowded now, but I am interested to learn what goes on during B6 peek hours.

Pictures:

I felt the terminal over a diverse range of services, providing many food options; Steakhouse, Bars, Cheeseburgers, Sushi (with a mini store that sells Japanese candy and snacks), as well as the traditional Dunkin Doughnuts. The terminal also offers several shops, like a Ron Jon Surf Shop, and a jewelry stand. In case you forgot to buy someone a New York T-Shirt, you should be able to find it here.

Also went to explore the “Moroso Lounge”. Disappointing the original T5 structure was not attached. But the Lounge does provide nice views of 31R, 4L and 22R activity. It was still night, so I didn’t see that much, and no photos.

The new terminal also has a feature that you can order food and they will deliver it to you onboard, but I didn’t use this, so I can’t tell you much.

Coincidentally for my first flight from the new T5, the aircraft was the one with the “Jetting to T5” design.

The flight was delayed coming in from SLC, and then we had to wait on the ground while mechanics checked out the hydraulic systems. It was not much of a bother to me, as we were in no hurry, and I just watched some TV.

And soon we pushed back and were on our way to 31L.

fedex DC-10 takeoff

Most of us are familiar with JetBlue’s service, but for those who aren’t:

I found the leather seats very conferrable, and the 34’ of legroom was plenty. Jet Blue features 38 channels of live dish network, as well as radio. On longer flights they also have pay per view movies.

This was a short flight, so the only choices were coffee, water and Orange Juice; and Animal crackers and Chips (not even the blue chips). I had the Chips and 2 small cans or orange juice.

We arrived in a snow covered Buffalo airport, which I found to be beyond my expectations in its design.

Re: Trip report: Jetblue JFK-BUF (+pics)

Nice shots of JFK, I might have to steal them from you..lol

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    Nice shots of JFK, I might have to steal them from you..lol
    That was a stupid thing to say...even joking.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nice shots Matt. What did you think of the new terminal? I'd like to take a B6 flight just to check it out. I lived in BUF airport from 2006 and all of 2007. Its not a bad airport...lacks decent places to eat but easy to get in and out of.

Well no, Wouldn't literally steal them of course...would take the proper route or even acquire my own.

setting up a site for JFK ops guys, and the over field shot is quite nice...

I like the new terminal. It's clean, organized, modern, much better then their old home at T6. However, it's nothing extraordinary in my opinion.

mmedford, if you want to use my photos, just shoot me a PM, tell me what they will be used for, and i'm sure we can agree on something.

I just joined last night so late to this but beautiful pics. Thanks for posting. I'm hoping to try Jet Blue very soon.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.