Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: US Airways A320 Down in NYC Hudson River

Re: US Airways A320 Down in NYC Hudson River

>The world saw the NYPD at its best last week, when two police divers were lowered from an unmarked Bell 412EP police helicopter into the frigid waters of the Hudson River to save passengers from US Air Flight 1549.
    What the world didn’t realize was that both the NYPD’s $12 million rescue helicopters — and, sources said, at least one of its four patrol helicopters — were out of service. <

Well I just listened to the Class B audio on the day of the aircraft crash and GUESS WHAT..... both of the NYPDs Bell 412s werent out of
    service. At the 36 minute mark of the tape Aviation 12 contacts LGA tower, inbound to the incident and worked the scene but stayed
    above and away since there were already 4 helos working low level. This reporter makes a big deal but in reality he had no clue and was off base in that allegation!!! :x Dope!!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

> This reporter makes a big deal but in reality he had no clue and was off base in that allegation!!! :x Dope!![/quote]<

I really shouldnt be so harsh with the reporter, Mr. Len Levitt. After I wrote the above post I decided to send him an email (without the insults) and he replied quickly and in a very professional manner. He admitted he wrote the story based on what his source told him and he (Levitt)wasnt an aviation/technical person. He then ran by his source what I said about PD 12 being airborne and the source wrote back to him that "The person writing to you has no idea what they are talking about". :) Oh really? My next email I sent him the
    links to the FAA Class B tapes AND transcripts of that day. Mr. Levitt thanked me for that and said he would "Sort it out". He also
    asked if I was a pilot (PD or otherwise) so I gave him a little background on my love of aviation and also informed him of this great
    forum where the discussion of N23FH being used as an Air/Sea Rescue ship during 1549 began and how I learned about his website and the story of PDs12 & 14 supposedly being grounded. So i wouldnt be surprised if he visited and took a tour. :)

I thought I might possibly run into Capt. Sullenberger and his crew yesterday. I was in Midtown and passed-by the CBS studios but alas, I must have missed them. There were lots of guards standing nearby. I would like to shake his hand; a real American hero.

GI Joe!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

According to CNN.com, Capt. Sullenberger is on Larry King at 9pm this evening...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence
    According to CNN.com, Capt. Sullenberger is on Larry King at 9pm this evening...
    That is correct Mark, entire crew is on Larry King at 9, repeat at 12m, and they are also on Letterman tonight.

While my personal involoment in the first minutes of this event make me probably more interested than many, I still think many in the industry and hobby would find these interviews interesting, I found the 60 mins and CBS early show interviews very much so, and very well done!

Regards

LGA777

I missed Katie Couric the other night. Any of these interviews on YouTube or anywhere?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The entire 60mins interview is here

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4784194n

:borat:

MANY RECOVERY PICS....INSIDE THE AIRCRAFT SHOTS AFTER!!!!
    http://www.stephenmallon.com/gallery...0flight%201549
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

nice find fred, that's a great gallery...

the same photog also has a lot of shots of the concorde when it was being hoisted onto the barge it's on at the intrepid...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Fantastic find, Fred!

I could not swing seeing Larry King or anything else besies Couric.

But I heard a soundbyte this AM from Letterman, where Letterman asks something to the effect, to the copilot, "So while he was flying, it was your job to restart the engines?"

To which the copilot said, somewhat comically, "Yes. I failed." Laughter ensued. Great clip
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I watched both Larry King and Letterman - Larry King - it was the factual side - with the human impact - it was a good watch - Letterman - I loved! It was more of a light hearted interview (as Mario eluded to above in the clip) and it was great to see them smiling a lot more and having a little fun with the interview. If anyone can see the Letterman again on YouTube or something like that - watch it - it's great!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I believe the 1549 crew media blitz has ended, I am sure the crew is ready for a break and looking forward to the start of their lives getting back a little closer to life before January 15th.

For those still interested, the pre-recorded Larry King "Live ?" that was shown Tuesday night was actually part 1 of a two parter. Part two airs tonight Wed 2-11 at 900P EST and will re-run again at 1200M. This one will include more passengers from the flight in NYC, different folks from the 60 mins group in CLT.

Should be interesting for those still interested.

Regards

LGA777

New tidbits:

A headline from today's Post: DUPRE ON 'SULLY': 'I ONLY WANT HIM TO FLY MY PLANE': SPITZER HOOKER NAMES HERO PILOT AS VALENTINE CRUSH

Sully gets his own cocktail: New Yorkers wanting to offer their own toast to the "hero pilot" Sully Sullenberger now have their chance. For $11 you can order "The Sully," which is two shots of Grey Goose and a splash of water (not from the Hudson). The drink, complete with a miniature airplane garnish, is being poured exclusively at the Half Pint in the Village.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9