Thread: KJFK New Years Day 010109 (many photos!!!!!!)

KJFK New Years Day 010109 (many photos!!!!!!)

Yes - I braved 3 hours with the Polar Bear Club at Coney Island, and then off to KJFK! No car traffic, but plenty of planes. Birds were competing with the aircraft on 31R approach all afternoon. The Cathay Cargo 744 was a last minute shot as I was literally exiting the Burger King parking lot. Right hand on steering wheel, left hand on camera...hence the slight blurrrr.. Happy New Year everyone!!!

ahhhh.... that golden sunset

the beach area at Bayswater Park....

...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Re: KJFK New Years Day 010109 (many photos!!!!!!)

Good stuff. I think I saw that white and bluish/purplish 747 (2nd pic) at EWR last week but I didn't catch the reg. Anyone know what it is?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yes It is N355MC - below are all the details of the aircraft. just about the only thing I did not find out was the pilot's name... everything else is below!

Registration -N355MC - recently seen 2009-01-01 as flight 5Y8325 (GTI Flight 8325).
    Manuf. -Boeing
    Model -747-341 /F
    Type -B743
    c/n -23395
    l/n -629
    i/t -L4J
    Selcal -BEGJ
    ICAO24 -A3F876
    Reg / Opr -GTI [5Y] Atlas Air ret (previous Polar Air Cargo)
    built -1985
    test reg -N6009F
    delivery -2007-04-30
    status -active
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Ahh, nice, thanks.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

nice photos. it looks like i only saw 1/10 of what you saw a couple of weeks ago. i definitely gotta come back to NYC!

nice photos. it looks like i only saw 1/10 of what you saw a couple of weeks ago. i definitely gotta come back to NYC!