Thread: NY/NJ: Going To 3 Different Sports Games In One Day?

NY/NJ: Going To 3 Different Sports Games In One Day?

Lazy day in the house watching sports, finishing a movie (Capone-1975) and cleaning things up I realized that three different NY/NJ sports teams in 3 different sports were all playing. Devils in Newark at 1PM versus the dreaded Flyers, Knicks at MSG at 6PM (vs #1 Celtics) and the Giants at the Meadowlands against Carolina for the #1 seed in the NFC, probably around 8:20PM. So I started thinking how easy and cool and definitely expensive it would be to go to all three games. Devils game ended around 3:45 and a quick hop onto NJ transit into Manhattan to catch the Knicks at 6. Now that game probably wont end until 8:30 so you either go to the Giant game late or leave the Knick game early. No-brainer here. Knicks will probably be over or close to it by half (7:15 abouts) so you head downstairs to catch a cab or private car to the Meadowlands. Faster than driving yourself since you wont have to find a space. And there you have a very cool and full day of sports.
    And there is a precedent for this. Some years ago a couple of guys went to three different hockey games in three different arenas the same day. MSG, the Nassau Coliseum and the Meadowlands arena were all visited, not sure of the order. From what I remember they didnt see full games and a helicopter (of course, lol) was used for at least one leg of the trip, out to L.I. I believe. Maybe someone remembers that?
    And the way the World Series has been running into Nov. maybe if the Yanks/Mets get in the possibility of 4 in one day exists!!
    Sweet!! 8) 8) 8)

Re: NY/NJ: Going To 3 Different Sports Games In One Day?

Well just saw my whole scenario for nothing!! Knicks are actually playing in Boston!! Damn!!
    :( :(