Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenses

Re: Lenses

Concorde was my passion, since her last flight i can't see the need to use anything bigger than the lenses i have.

There was a sigma 150-500 mm but not sure if the EOS 3 + x1.5 converter could have auto focused with that.

The A380 is SO big that using a 80-400mm for long distance is more than enough.

Fighter planes, B1B, TU160 etc photos would benefit from better lenses such as ones on here.

Program Coordinator

Re: Lenses

I use the 28-135 IS and the 100-400L - sometimes (quite a rarity nowadays) I pull out my 70-300IS.
    I think the 100-400L is a piece of gold for its price. Do a search for jerslice in the spotting and review - most of my shots now are from the 100-400L. I would like to think that the lense has greatly increased the quality and capabilities of my work - especially for aviation.
    I would buy it again and again.
    The 28-135 IS I think is my unsung hero. I have gotten really great shots from that lens consistently - it is very sharp (especially for its price) - though I do notice it has a much harder time resolving details that are really far away (like a city-scape across a lake).
    I had a bad experience with the 70-300 IS and got sold a pretty bad used copy that was super soft over 150mm. I would not buy that lens again. I highly disliked it.