Thread: Flying on a gusty day

Flying on a gusty day

My buddy Ryan came home from college the other day so we took the advantage of N734NA being available to take a quick hop.

Very windy day on account of the strong frontal system which brought the temp down 30° in a few hours. We were up for about 30 minutes, just doing some sightseeing.

Taking the active at N40

Up, up and away, we are immediately treated with a view of Spruce Run and the town of Clinton.

Looking west, Pennsylvania is on the horizon.

The ubiquitous self-portrait.

Back on final to 25 at Sky Manor. Note the remaining of three US-registered Be-103s left unsold in the bottom right. The former owner of the airport thought it'd be a good idea to buy three and sell them. The other two sold to someone down in Florida and one remains, clogging up tie-down space which could be better-served on a busy weekend when the place is jam-packed with transient traffic that stops for (some exceptional) grub. The guy was a big ass, if I say so myself.

I haven't been flying in two months, and by the time I'm available for PIC time, I'd have to get current again. So when that happens, expect more airborne pics.

-James

Re: Flying on a gusty day

Good stuff, James!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Good stuff man!

Flying on windy days is definitely a lot of fun and makes all aspects of flight more fun!

BTW - That's a real nice GPS you have in there! I wish we had something that looked so user-friendly and easy to operate...

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Flying on windy days is definitely a lot of fun and makes all aspects of flight more fun!
    Anyone can fly on a calm day, you need to be a steely-eyed pilot to fly on gusty days