Thread: KEWR 121408 (many photos!!)

KEWR 121408 (many photos!!)

KEWR from today. Still street side, but working on getting air side. One of these days..

a real crosswind landing in the Dash 8 Q400

...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Re: KEWR 121408 (many photos!!)

I love the touch down shots!! espeacialy the CO Dash 8Q400!!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

that Dash 8 pilot could not keep his wings level to save his life. the wind just picked up as he was on final. it was relatively calm (for EWR) before that. i felt bad for the pax on that flight...
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

sorry about some of the photos disappearing... i edited them in Flickr after the links were posted here... my bad!

the newest member of the family - the Boeing 737-900ER note the extra exit aft the wing.

Wow, those are amazing!

Geez, where were you standing for those shots?!?

EWR is my home destination airport.
    Pablo Maneiro Jr.
    TTMG Executive Officer/Media Crew
    Visit Us on the Web @ www.ttmg.org

I was near the P7 parking lot, between the Tpk and the airfield. Still technically on the street side. There are a lot of fences, barriers, and sensers going up around the perimeter of the field... the fun is slowly ending..

Quote Originally Posted by N75715
    I was near the P7 parking lot, between the Tpk and the airfield. Still technically on the street side. There are a lot of fences, barriers, and sensers going up around the perimeter of the field... the fun is slowly ending..
    I thought you were near one of the taxiways next to the runway when I first saw the photos. great touch down shots not something you (I) usually see of EWR. I usually see them on final.
    Too bad EWR isn't a more spotter friendly airport since I'm only about 20 min away plus theres some traffic there that doesn't come by JFK too often.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Too bad EWR isn't a more spotter friendly airport since I'm only about 20 min away plus theres some traffic there that doesn't come by JFK too often.
    I'm literally only four miles from EWR. I'd love to have a spot to watch without issue. It'd be nice if someday if/when everyone comes to their senses and off Level Paranoia they'd open an observation deck. Used to be one years, and years ago. I know it'll never happen, but it's nice to dream

Fantastic shot of 566JB/Blue Suede Shoes there N75715! :borat:
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous