Thread: Dreamliner delayed again

Dreamliner delayed again

Boeing Again Delays Delivery of Dreamliner
    Associated Press
    The Boeing Company is delaying the first flight of its highly awaited 787 Dreamliner jet to the second quarter of 2009 and will not ship its first delivery until the following year because of production hitches and the impact of the recent Machinists’ strike.

Boeing, based in Chicago, said the delay was also linked to replacing fasteners on some early production planes.

The company said it was evaluating the delay’s impact on customer deliveries and financial guidance.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Dreamliner delayed again

that sucks. i've said from the very beginning that the original delivery schedules were too abitious and didn't factor in getting stuck on the "little" things. that goes for both A and B.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Dreamliner delayed again

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    that sucks. i've said from the very beginning that the original delivery schedules were too abitious and didn't factor in getting stuck on the "little" things. that goes for both A and B.
    The schedule is still quite ambitious. Not a lot of time between first flight and first delivery.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9