Thread: Will LOT have a retro plane?

Will LOT have a retro plane?

With its 80th birthday only a month away, do you think the Polish Airline LOT will fallow in the footsteps of airlines like SAS, Finnair, Iberia, Austrian, Lufthansa, Martin Air, Air France, US airways, American, (and possibly some i'm forgetting) by creating a retro plane. Lot does not have any Airbus planes, which seems to be the fad, but they can do like Martin Air and paint on of their 767s, or, maybe on one their E-170s. Making it 80 years in the aviation business is quite an accomplishment, in a industry where hundreds of airlines are struggling to survive, and countless have fallen victim to bankruptcy, mergers and takeovers. And, wouldn't you like to see something like this flying over Firestone?

(yeah, i know its not perfect)
    based off their pre-1978 colors Il-62 http://www.airliners.net/photo/LOT---Po ... 1276998/L/
    Anyway, LOT, Happy Birthday, and heres to 80 more! :D

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Will LOT have a retro plane?

i sure hope they don't, but it would be cool to see one of the old schemes from back in the day. the current one is by far the best scheme flying these days! can't wait to see them on the 787.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Heck, I thought their current scheme WAS the retro one. It looks like it was made in 1856.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Heck, I thought their current scheme WAS the retro one. It looks like it was made in 1856.
    Poland wasn't a country in 1856 ;) LOL

the current scheme was designed in the 70's.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Wow 80 years for LOT thats a success. Matt I like the retro scheme but I think it will need a 80th B-day decal in the front.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Sto lat, sto lat, niech zyje, zyje nam! 80 years for LOT ! Hopefully ill get a tv in my seat sometime soon :roll:

I think that it would be really nice to see nicely designed retro LOT 80 year birthday planes flying around.

Make it a 767 so we can get it here!
    "lol retart"

Unarguably, I think the current scheme is one of the greatest today (and ever). However, I think it would be nice to see an old example on one of their planes. The old, il-62s were named after famous Polish people, and had their portraits and names were on the exterior, so in that place, they can place an 80 year logo. Good idea Luke, it looked a little empty.
    Alex, i'm glad you joined the forum! not sure about the TVs, they might have them on the 787s. Do what i do: fly with stopover!

Quote Originally Posted by G-BOAD
    Unarguably, I think the current scheme is one of the greatest today (and ever). However, I think it would be nice to see an old example on one of their planes. The old, il-62s were named after famous Polish people, and had their portraits and names were on the exterior, so in that place, they can place an 80 year logo. Good idea Luke, it looked a little empty.
    Alex, i'm glad you joined the forum! not sure about the TVs, they might have them on the 787s. Do what i do: fly with stopover!
    Lets do it this year Mat, trip to Poland with as many stopovers as possible. 8)

GET REEADDYYYY :)

anybody know what cities the 787s will be named after? i'm really hoping that one carries the herb of my home town, wroclaw:

i'd love to see this scheme if we were to do a retro airplane:

although i admit that on a 763 it wouldn't be enough color. maybe a EMB-175 or B737-400...

Bring back the Il-62 ! If not LOT,at least the CSA Ok-Jet scheme !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!